Default Need POWDER? Need PRIMERS? this place has it all IN STOCK

A friend just returned from a lion hunt in Namibia and stopped at Safari Outdoor in South Africa on his way back..

He said it was like a Cabelas on steroids.. All American powders in stock, Every primer he could think of was in stock, (except for Fed 210M) and as much as you want..

Here is a link to the store prices are in Rand with is about 14:1

https://safarioutdoor.co.za/
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

This is what happens in countries unplagued by hoarding.

Well it's good to hear that someone has it. I'm still good for some time to come, like about 10 years or so maybe longer. But I wouldn't mind picking up a couple thousand more CCI 200's or some Rem. LR primers. Every store we stopped at Friday had powder bullets and some loaded ammo in them but not any where near the variety or quantity of normal. One of them even had a very nice Winchester 92 take down trapper, I almost bought that one it is a very nice carbine.
    Last edited by BudT; 08-15-2021 at 04:52.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

I'd be more impressed if they had 577-450 in stock.
    I'd bet there's a few Martini Henrys gathering dust in Zulu closets.

Blog Entries

bet shipping charges are a hoot

6. Default

How much was the trophy fee on the cat? Being a Leo I'm not interested but it gives some idea of what a hunt runs.

Alas, like everybody else in the world, they seem to be sold out of .311 bullets (used in .303 British cartridges). The only place that I now know of where I can get some is a small company in British Columbia that makes cast lead bullets in that calibre and that is certainly not my first choice.
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 08-18-2021 at 06:36. Reason: typing error

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Alas, like everybody else in the world, they seem to be sold out of .311 bullets (used in .303 British cartridges). The only place that I now know of where I can get some is a small company in British Columbia and makes cast lead bullets in that calibre and that is certainly not my first choice.
    I suspect .303 British ammo may be scarce for years. I really enjoy shooting my 1944 Savage No. 4 Mk 1* and probably have enough ammo and components to last me for years.