Default WTK: Stripper clips

Did they make an aftermarket stripper clip for the 03. I just picked a bunch of gold colored ones and they look like they would work.

Check with Champion Choice they carries SS made strippers. Make sure you get the ones with the doubled "teats' on both sides for proper placement into the clip slots of the 03's and 17 Enfield's.

Also try and locate anyone bought the GREEK "HXP" Cal. 30 M2 ammo from CMP in the mid-90's (?), they were mainly on new steel strippers.

The single teat [located on the middle of the side] are for using on the M14/ M1A firearm.

clips.jpg
    Clip basics:

Wide format -
    1. USGI for M1903, brass
    2. Same in steel (later)
    3. Single lug, for M14 (NOT for M1903)
    4. Mauser "export", nickeled brass - 2 lugs for 7mm Mausers (works well in M1903)
    5. Swedish 6.5 Mauser, slightly loose hold because 6.5 rim is thicker, wider than 30/06 or 7x57*

Narrow pattern (will fall through wide pattern clip slots as on M1903)
    6. Early Mauser (1889 thru '91 also 1909 Arg. etc.) 7.65 cartridge - no lugs (held by an extended bolt release tab)
    7. Mauser 98 (8x57) three-lug
    8. Same, two-lug

* Swedish clip difference detail -
    clipdiff.jpg

USGI Clips were truly expendable and if you get more than two or three uses out of them before they start to fall apart you're doing well.

I find the Swedish Mauser clips mentioned to be a very good expedient, they're durable and still findable and strip the cartridges off very cleanly.

M14 clips won't work in my '03s. Mauser clips other than Swedish are a crap shoot. Some will work, some will positively not work and the only way to find out is to use them.
    Last edited by Art; 08-19-2021 at 05:49.