Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default All those dollar billions in weapons now belong to the muzzies ...

We spent twenty years training the Afghan Army only for them to surrender without
    firing a shot to a bunch of illiterates with AKs. Word is, the corrupt politicians (what a surprise)
    didn't bother feeding the troops - but who knows. Can't help but wonder just what kind of
    weaonry is now in the hands of terrorists.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...as-cities-fall

85 billion up in smoke!

Would have been better spent on the failed southern border of the USA.

And the Service personnel that sacrificed their lives would not been in VAIN.

Tillman would have retired from the NFL, no over-shadowed by a has-been quarterback.

The muzzies are now flitting around in Blackhawk Helicopters.
    Why the ferk did we leave them to the taliban ? Christ, didn't anyone consider flying
    them to somewhere safe ? What will we leave them next - F35s ? Luckily the place
    is landlocked otherwise they might have inherited a Destroyer or two.
    Stan and Ollie couldn't have handled this pullout worse.

The taliban takeover was predicted the way biden staged the pullout.

What was left behind was intended for the Afghans to defend themselves with but destruction devices could/should have been installed to blow up anything of value if/when they came into the wrong hands.

Obama must be doing cartwheels about now seeing his brotherhood get all these hi-tech devices at our expense.

They don't have the brains to use them.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    They don't have the brains to use them.
    News says they're flying the choppers. Captured Afghan troops will teach them.
    Better than being executed..

Could be. All I see on Old Peoples T.V. is a bunch of ragheads riding gangster style in Toyotas. I'd like to believe that. Actually, I do believe that. I don't think the smartest person in Aphganistan(somebody spell this) is smarter than my neighbors ten year old niece.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-14-2021 at 10:15.

Underestimating these people is a bad idea. They have completely outmaneuvered us. I suspect that the 'gubnint's worst nightmare right now is that the Taliban would launch an assault on the airport before we can get our people out. Optics are important and if we're having to fight our way out it would just absolutely make the bad guys day. Heck the reason we've moved the embassy to the airport is to avoid a Vietnam style helicopters at the embassy finale. Well, a helicopters at the airport would be just about as bad.

Bailing out of a burning building isn't necesarrily(I hate this word) an organized event. Did we expect a parade? Maybe some of the guys got beautiful women to bail out with them. War brides are the best.
    My brother was on a command ship, the Blue Ridge when we bailed out of VN.

You don't need much in the way of brainpower to squeeze a trigger - just someone smarter
    to tell you where to aim.