Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 1851 colt revolvers

Are the parts on these interchangeable between manufacturers , I have a Armi San Marcos and want to put a Pietta cylinder in it . It's .36 caliber brass frame cva gun .

I don't know, but I somehow doubt it. I assume that's the Navy.
    Mine is in 44 although that's not kosher. Not much help huh?

Blog Entries

probably maybe,,

depends on when it was made,

IIRC ASM has the worst rep for quality back in the day but has vastly improved,

you may be able to drop it in, but not sure if it will time correctly with out some fiddling

4. Default

I bought it we will see worst can happen is I need a Pietta to go with it , the ASM is really nice looking bought a long time ago .

5. Default

Who made the 'genuine' Colts back in the '80/90s?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Who made the 'genuine' Colts back in the '80/90s?
    rumors were Uberti or one of the other Italians at one point made the parts and they were assembled here

heard other rumors as well, but never anything confirmed

I was rebuilding a Uberti 1851 and needed a hand and bolt, got them from Dixie, did not fit.

I have rebuilt a Uberti 1851 and 1861 and only buy parts from VTI Gun parts. PO Box 509, Lakeville CT 06039

excellent parts and service

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

lyman, The Colt percussion revolvers of the "F" model series were made by Iver Johnson Arms, Middlesex, NJ in the 1980s. Italian forgings and castings, machined, finished and assembled in the old Plainfield Machine Co. shop. The Colt third generation "signature series" guns were made in Brooklyn, NY by Colt Blackpowder Arms Co. Colt made the "C" model series at the Hartford plant in the 1970s from castings and forgings obtained thru Val Forgett Jr. of Navy Arms from Italian sources.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in N.J. View Post
    lyman, The Colt percussion revolvers of the "F" model series were made by Iver Johnson Arms, Middlesex, NJ in the 1980s. Italian forgings and castings, machined, finished and assembled in the old Plainfield Machine Co. shop. The Colt third generation "signature series" guns were made in Brooklyn, NY by Colt Blackpowder Arms Co. Colt made the "C" model series at the Hartford plant in the 1970s from castings and forgings obtained thru Val Forgett Jr. of Navy Arms from Italian sources.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in N.J. View Post
    Thank You Tom!!!