Hybrid View

Default Unusual Belgian Mauser Carbine Sling Hardware ???

[B] I recently acquired a Belgian Mauser made in Birmingham England. I am fairly sure that it was manufactured and used in WW 1 and I was told that the rifle is a cavalry model. It seems to have the original stock. I am trying to find out more about the left side of the buttstock. It has a metallic insert that appears to be designed for the insertion of another piece of metal which may allow the attachment of some type of sling. I have seen pictures on the Internet of stocks that have similar built in inserts, but I cannot find any info about a sling and sling attachment. Does anyone know more this strange fixture or can possibly point me in a direction for further details. Your help would be greatly appreciated. ThanksB]

This inquiry begs for a photo of the area of interest, please.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Ya it would help a lot.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Default Picture of Belgian mauser stock

belgian mauser stock.jpg

Picture attached (I hope). Thanks

5. Default

It does however have the slotted plate in the butt for a cavalry carry-strap.

post-14525-0-79210500-1298491677.jpg https://www.greatwarforum.org/topic/...auser-carbine/

Thank you, One Shot. You have been a great help. Lee Hoffman

7. Default

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_Model_1889 basically a 1891 argentine way ahead of it's time .