Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I live in Indy and my gun store has lots of ammo at good prices.
    define good prices please!

2. Default

Good prices = What your willing to pay.
    The trouble is,You think you have time.

Buddha

The local Academy has a lot of ammo on the shelves in the most popular calibers. These are prices for practice/blasting ammo.

9mm brass case assorted $20.00 t0 $22.00: for 50, a slight increase over pre pandemic prices.

.556 mm NATO Winchester 55 gr fmj (M193.): $12.00 for 20. No increase over pre plague prices.

7.62x39mm Soviet: $8.00 for 20. increase of about $1.00 over pre plague prices. Bulk Com Bloc spam cans are available.

.38 Special: Federal 158 gr lead round nose: Not my favorite style but all they have. $29.00 for 50. About $4.00 above pre plague prices.

A lot of popular ammo is not in stock there, no .357 Magnum, no .30-06 for example.

Shelves still bare at the local WalMart's in my area. Zero, nada, nothing. I'm sure they put out stock but the employee's perhaps notify their friends ahead of time and the ammo goes straight from the case to the cash register.

The last time I bought 7.62x39 it was 1.99 a 20 box. After that I added it to my reloading as
    I wasn't going to pay those exorbitant prices.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    The last time I bought 7.62x39 it was 1.99 a 20 box. After that I added it to my reloading as
    I wasn't going to pay those exorbitant prices.
    Wow!!! that's a heck of a deal. I bought ChiCom ammo for about $5.00 for 20 in the mid 90s. but that's the least I ever spent personally.

7. Default

Left Carolina TG '03 LC M193 was just over $83/500. About 10% higher here so I started shopping and it's been going up ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Wow!!! that's a heck of a deal. I bought ChiCom ammo for about $5.00 for 20 in the mid 90s. but that's the least I ever spent personally.
    I'm obviously older than you. It was in the mid eighties at the San Francisco gun show.
    A gun show the lefties finally managed to close down.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    I'm obviously older than you. It was in the mid eighties at the San Francisco gun show.
    I don't know if I'm younger, but my experience with the cartridge starts about 10 years later than yours. I bought my first 7.62x39mm rifle, a Chinese SKS in 1995. It's still comparatively pretty cheap to feed a 7.62x39mm ComBloc rifle.
    Last edited by Art; 08-13-2021 at 05:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I don't know if I'm younger, but my experience with the cartridge starts about 10 years later than yours. I bought my first 7.62x39mm rifle, a Chinese SKS in 1995. It's still comparatively pretty cheap to feed a 7.62x39mm ComBloc rifle.
    That's what I shoot, Chinese SKS, except that I restocked it - much more comfortable to shoot.
    Have the Russian one too, but too nice to shoot. Yeah, cheap to shoot - especially reloads.

I have a buch of new brass that takes small rifle primers. which I've not used.
    Wonder what the difference might be with same load but with large versus small primers ?