Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Chinese SKS. The good stuff. Non corrosive. In the yellow box. By Norinco. Got it before the ban. I don't remember what we paid for it. I think I doubled my money and then regretted selling it so cheap. Probably paid 7 cents for it. The good old days. I remember going to north Scottsdale to visit the famous reloading outfit and picking up 8mm in bandolears that equated to .7cents a round. But did I get rich? No.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-15-2021 at 01:17.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Sometime in the 80s bought 500 rounds wrapped in heavy plastic.
    Still have it unopened.
    Cost was $64 (works out to about 2.60 per 20.
    Bought same deal but in 223. (still unopened)

Yup, the Good old days.

3. Default

Does anybody still believe we have a ammo shortage , Fool me once shame on you , Fool me twice shame on me .

Quote Originally Posted by one shot View Post
    Does anybody still believe we have a ammo shortage , Fool me once shame on you , Fool me twice shame on me .
    There's a shortage due to the demand. The questions are, why is there still such a demand, why can't the ammo companies catch up, is the gov't interfering with the supply?

Not as good a buy as you guys did with the 7.62x39 but more recently (2005 or so) I bought some 7.62x51 for $139.95 per 500 in the steel ammo cans. I bought at a local gun shop. Bought all they had which was 5 cans. Got it home, opened it up and it's all LC M118. Some are in the brown boxes marked "M118 Long Range" and some are in the white boxes marked "M118 Match".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    There's a shortage due to the demand. The questions are, why is there still such a demand, why can't the ammo companies catch up, is the gov't interfering with the supply?

Not as good a buy as you guys did with the 7.62x39 but more recently (2005 or so) I bought some 7.62x51 for $139.95 per 500 in the steel ammo cans. I bought at a local gun shop. Bought all they had which was 5 cans. Got it home, opened it up and it's all LC M118. Some are in the brown boxes marked "M118 Long Range" and some are in the white boxes marked "M118 Match".
    8 million +/- new gun buyers

figure each bought a 2-3 boxes of ammo,

now those 8 mill new buyers were a very mixed bunch

start in 2020

Cooties hit,
    everyone blames the Chinese, so the Chinese buy guns

Soccer Moms, realize that the minivan full of Toilet paper may get stolen, so Soccer Mom sends Dad down to buy a gun if she does not do it herself,

St George is becomes a Martyr, and as the Riots, become less peaceful (sarcasm there) EVERYONE buys more guns, everyone as in when Black Folk and antifa start not very peacefully protesting, every one (black, white, asian, etc etc) bought guns,

then the every day gun people, partly because of the hype, and some States trying to pull stupid gun regulations, decide to go all in and buy more guns, and xxxxtons of ammo

ammo was holding its own, re availability, until the summer of 2020, they it started to get crazy,

factor in also,

once ammo got scarce, those that wanted to start reloading, started reloading,
    and those that do, and did not have a big supply, started buying supplies,

and since Remington when tits up for a short time
    and all the various cooties restrictions in various states, production had a hiccup,

and as the Ammo supplies ramped up, that put a strain on availability for reloaders , since a lot was diverted to ammo production,

imported ammo hung up in customers, or the Euro plants shut down or restricted like here,

I do know some makers do short runs of oddball calibers, and I was told that was stopped for the time being,

why retool with limited resources, to make a run of 307 winchester, when you can keep the 5.56/223 line open and run it all day, or the 9mm line, and you know you will sell out in a jiffy,,,

You forgot that the China cooties caused a big interruption/shut down of raw materials. Big problem, not enough sea containers or port capacity and a little bit of truck drivers for a while. Ya cant make bullets without the materials no matter what the other situations.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

More shortages and these are even more serious, jet fuel is in short supply for the air tankers thus hindering some of the suppression efforts. Not to mention fuel costs for all of it no matter what sector, getting worse. Water shortages in many of the Ag. areas of the western states are going to cause some food shortages, look for short crops. No hay for feed the livestock has to be killed and dumped into a hole or slaughtered in a already strained system. Supply down and costs up= demand up. Gonna get interesting real soon, no 2nd or 3rd cuttings.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH