Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm very suspicious about this never ending ammo shortage ...

It's been going on now for several years - about three I think, although the older I get
    the faster my birthdays seem to come around, About that long ago I was in Walmart and
    on the spur of the moment decided to stock up on 22 ammo - the 500 boxes Fed and
    Winchester - I didn't need it as I already had plenty, but somebody must have whispered
    in my ear because right after that ammo began to vanish from shelves.. It's well known
    that the way to control guns is to deny them the means to go bang, so when you consider
    who is now in the White House, you suspect there's something rotten in the State of
    Denmark. I read how ammo makers are making it as fast as they can and we're importing
    stuff from Europe at record rates. At least that's what we're being told but I suspect
    there's more to it. Every dept of the Government has been corrupted by this bunch of creeps
    running the country and I wouldn't trust them if the told me 2 and 2 added up to four.
    Gun sales are through the roof and people are arming themselves which will obviously cause
    a shortage - but for this long and this bad ? Anyway, I'm glad I'm a reloader.

im glad i reload too but if i hadnt put a bunch of stuff on back order the LAST TIME we were under control of the democrats, i would be like a lot of others, scrambling for components...

Blog Entries

it started a little over a year ago, maybe 18 months ago,

gotta remember,

the Cooties hit, everyone hoarded toilet paper, then 8 mill, +\-, needed a shotgun or handgun to protect the hoard,

and a lot of Asians were worried about there safety,
    and a lot of folks of all color were worried when the riots,,, I mean protests, started,

add those new folks, (each trying to buy 2 or 4 boxes of ammo) to the folks last summer that decided to play outdoors (range time) and the normal (relatively) gun guys that want to stock up,

and demand was (and still is a bit) at an all time high,

supply is starting to catch up,

It goes beyond ammo - I browsed through Midsouth Shooters Supply - everything
    is Out of Stock and I mean everything - Cap n Ball, even the molds and caps,
    One place (Dixie maybe) advertised a Starr DA for just under $700 - marked Out of Stock.
    I bought one of those about a year ago for $100 new in box. Tempted to sell it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    It goes beyond ammo - I browsed through Midsouth Shooters Supply - everything
    is Out of Stock and I mean everything - Cap n Ball, even the molds and caps,
    One place (Dixie maybe) advertised a Starr DA for just under $700 - marked Out of Stock.
    I bought one of those about a year ago for $100 new in box. Tempted to sell it
    right about the time ammo got gone, the reloading gear got gone too,

it is kinda expected to see shortages of primers when the manufacturers are running none stop, but it seems those that reload stocked up, and those that were on the fence about reloading finally started,

damn near everything reloading related was in very short supply for a long time,

some stuff (besides primers, which are trickling back in) are starting to show here and there,

6. Default

After His A-Holiness left office CCI had some rebates so I bought a quantity of .22 and whenever I saw WMR on sale ($7.39 at Wally) I bought some. Primers dipped below $30/brick so I bought SP/SR. Just had to be in 'now' mode rather than 'I'll wait'.

this is going to be cyclical.

The Democrats have made it clear that in their perfect world laws like those in Australia where the possession of pump shotguns is now virtually prohibited and lever actions are next on the chopping block is their ideal solution. Therefore every time a Democrat is elected President there will be a round of panic buying.

National emergencies can also kick off panic buying.

This time there was a perfect storm - the election of an extremely anti gun President along with all of the issues Lyman spoke about in his post.

So we may as well get used to it. Buy your ammunition and components during the lulls in the panic and understand that when the prices come down after these elections and/or panics the price will never be quite as low as it was before. I'm really glad I bought all those .22s 15 years ago!
    Last edited by Art; 08-07-2021 at 09:25.

The Democrat run big cities are the breeding grounds for gun crime, which the Democrats will cure by passing gun laws which will only affect the people in the red fly over states. The people causing all the trouble will continue to shoot each other with no fear of punishment.

Ammo is still in short supply and prices will most likely never return to pre-covid pre-hair sniffer days. Ammo is in fact on a limited basis but more available in some places as it is with reloading components and tools. There are still lots of things missing and they wont be back in any quantity for some time, there are still lots of guns missing but you can find some types in small limited quantities for sale. There is powder but like all things it's limited and spotty as well as price is still higher than the pre covid and hair sniffer. Primers can be had for around 90 dollars + or- depending on what your looking for. I can buy all the 9mm pistols I want but had a hell of a time finding a Ruger American standard 17 HMR finally got one out of Montana. Still looking for a 629 or 29 S&W 4 inch and a couple lever guns. Gold and sliver continues to be spoty at best. Gas is still going up I paid 4.40 per a few days ago. Like ammo some food was missing from a couple of stores, I went to the Chef's store a couple days ago and the beef was gone except for a few brisket as was most all other meat and produce. I've never seen it that bad before and don't know why it's like that. Pre-election during covid scare it never got like this they always had plenty. Some of these shortages could be from the local population growth which is on the insane side, 109 single family house starts in one month not counting all of the business/commercial starts with lots of people running from the riots and rotting cities. I guess it all adds up.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

10. Default

I live in Indy and my gun store has lots of ammo at good prices., I'd say your area will to soon.