Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Olympics

I am all in for the Javelin catching event.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Gymnasium comes from Greek words meaning place for exercising naked.

I think viewership for the nudist Olympics would depend a bit on the event and what the individual competitor looked like . There was an Australian swimmer named Dawn Fraser, a true wild child, who competed at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. She once said times would come down in swimming if the races were swum nude. That was before the current high tech suits of course. During the said '64 Olympics; IIRC Fraser was actually arrested for trespassing on the Imperial Palace grounds. She escaped with a reprimand.
    Funny thing is that I mentioned Dawn Fraser's idea of competing nude to my wife earlier today while we were watching the swim competition. For some reason she doubted my statement that I would be happy to watch such a race because they would swim faster

Dawn Fraser, AC, MBE won gold medals in swimming in three consecutive Olympic Games, 1956, 1960 and 1964. She was born into a large impoverished family in New South Wales. While competing for Australia she developed a reputation for an isubordnate attitude, among other issues she wore an incorrect uniform against instructions in the opening ceremonies of the 1964 Tokyo Games. While in Tokyo she was accused of swimming a moat to steal an Olympic Flag from the Imperial Palace (she denied the moat swimming part.) The Japanese gave her the flag as a souvenier.

After swimming she worked as a Publican (bar manager) was briefly married and had one child She held a seat in the New South Wales Parliment in the 1980s. A few years ago she got into trouble for saying that Australian immigrants who weren't happy with Australia could jolly well go back where they (or their Parents) came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFg4jJudtuU
    Last edited by Art; 08-01-2021 at 09:02.

I like Olympic BMX. Aaah, to be young again!

jn

Just my opinion. BMX and skateboarding is arrested development. Who was the guy that committed suicide a while back? (I'm guessing)He realized; all I'm good at at age 28 is riding a little kids bicycle. Kind of like being a rock star. Seems like it can be kind of a dead end. Now your famous, now your not. Jason Lee seemed to make a smooth transition. The swimmer that won [today] said, "nine yrs of training comes down to, 20 or 40 seconds".
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Now your famous, now your not. Jason Lee seemed to make a smooth transition.
    Then there was Bruce Jenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Then there was Bruce Jenner.
    Bruce did win a Decathalon but since has not done much for women drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Bruce did win a Decathalon but since has not done much for women drivers.
    Now that's funny. Not funny that in his goofy state of mind he managed to get someone killed. I'm assuming it was his fault. 101 is tricky.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-03-2021 at 01:48.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

9. Default

Well I googled naked olympics very interesting .