Thread: More on Duplex

Default More on Duplex

For those interested a update on one of the things that might come up with BP/Duplex loads. Cleaning after shooting was done in the more traditional way by passing patches through the barrel. I use a tap hot water mixed with a little Oxy clean dissolved in it to wash the brass so I just wet a patch and put it through the bore then follow up with a second wet patch and a dry patch dry out. I let it sit for a while then did a Hoppies 9 patch and set the rifle in the corner checking it every day since cleaning and no rust of any kind, I will run a clean white patch through it and see what residue I get. It seems to work as well as pouring hot water down the barrel and a swab out. I'm going to change to a larger capacity case (longer) than the initial reformed cases and see what I get by the larger charges. The loads I shot before shot dead on at 25 yards which for me was a pleasant surprise, if those work out I might run them over the crony and see what they are actually doing.
    Bud

I use boiling water for my trapdoor and muzzle loader. Gets the crud out fast and dries almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I use boiling water for my trapdoor and muzzle loader. Gets the crud out fast and dries almost immediately.
    Yes it does work very well and in my lever action it is not my preferred method.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH