Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windage adjustment on the M1917.

Adjusting the windage on an M1917 rifle is as simple as can be provide the proper tools are available. Front sight blade is moved accordingly. Inexpensive enough to keep one in your range bag, just in case.

Photos show tool on the bench and in use. Whatta Hobby!

1917 2.jpg1917 sight 1.jpg1917 3.jpg

2. Default

If I remember correctly, A modified SKS front sight tool will also do the job.

There was another way to get windage on your M1917. years ago shooters would buy the Browning
    Model 1918A2 surplus rear sight and install the leaf and windage knob, elevation was already on the leaf.
    This installation was not allowed in matches. there are photos around

4. Default

Another way is to replace the rear sight with a Parker Hale PH5B rear sight. You will also have replace the side bolt release and spring with one from a P14 rifle. The Parker Hale PH5B is a target sight with fine elevation and windage adjustments. I have placed several on my M1917 and Pattern 1914 rifles.

By far the easiest is the front site tool, I have one, average adjustment. Its not like they shoot sub MOA, get it in the area and good for any ammo combo.

If I remember correctly, A modified SKS front sight tool will also do the job.
    Correct..

john in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Picture of the modification for the SKs tool? Please.

I have military surplus tool that came out of Belgium or the Netherlands, rather like an SKS tool. I am a Geek, but not a Computer Geek: if anybody wants a picture of it, send an email address to my PM.

The SKS front sight tool has to be ground down slightly on one side (it's "U" shaped), so that it will slip over the ears of the front sight.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/sear...l&lang=default
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

10. Default

Don't forget ... if your cleaning brush keeps coming loose it's because the grooves and lands spin in the opposite direction ....