Default Doofus-ness on Steroids Part 2

This one isn't quite as bad as the one I posted on the Garand forum.

Once again, crap ammo although this time on a rifle that was about to fail. There are reasons they went to the round bolt and mitigating cracks was one of the reasons. Carbines are ammo picky and the fellow in the video knows (or implies he knows) that a case not trimmed to the right length can result in out of battery fire, though this was not the cause of this failure.

The owner of the carbine also seems to think he has an unmodified IBM, well, not with that M2 stock. I may be wrong but it would also seem that if the Carbine came from the factory with the adjustable sight it may well have come with the stronger round bolt. You carbine guys can chime in on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCKRvQ2j0TU
    Last edited by Art; 07-06-2021 at 11:03.

He could have simply said the problem was due to the left locking lug dragging. By doing so the timing is thrown off and the right side continues to try and unlock. Now this causes the pressure to mount on the lugs and what ever one has weaker parts like the extractor will let go every time. If the damage to the left lug area is not repaired it will just cause a new bolt to let go. Now to use reloaded ammo. Make sure your cases are trimmed down to 1.285 or a little bit less. Any case at 1,290 length needs to be trimmed. If not an out of battery discharge can happen. Steel cases. Are they any good? Not really other then price. But wait you say I have used steel for for shooting since dirt was invented. Then I would suggest that you have been very lucky. Steel is steel no matter how soft it is and its still harder on the extractors. Steel doesn't seal the chamber as does brass so one gets a lot of build up in the chamber.