Default Reloads for 380acp using 9mm 115 grain bullets

I have an Astra Constable in 380. I was running low on bullets and no one has them for sale at reasonable prices. So, looking thru my stash of bullets I came across some Sierra 115 grain HP. Since I don't presently own a 9mm anymore, I measured those bullets @ .355. then measured 95 grain 389 bullets @ .355, so then looked up reloading guides and found that Bullseye and Unigue will work just fine for the 115 grain bullets. Bullseye @ 2.3 grains and Unigue @ 3.0 grains for modest mid range loads, 700 fps. Anyone else do this sorta thing? Comments welcomed!
    Last edited by Major Tom; 07-05-2021 at 06:21.

2. Default

If it's a published load go for it. Remember to put a second one in the perp's mouth cuz the first won't expand.

Watch out for reduced powder space with HP bullets that may be longer than FMJ or SP bullet specified in data. These short little ACP cartridges are very sensitive to powder space and can spike pressures if bullets are seated deeper. Not a problem if data is for exactly same bullet.

OK, thank you for the advice.

The Lyman Cast Bullet Guide, Third Edition lists cast bullet weights up to 121gr for the .380acp at modest velocities.