Default Al Frasca?s books

A few weeks back I went to Al?s site to purchase a Memorial edition. I have all his books except for that edition. Kept putting off buying it but had the money so figured it was time to complete the set. To my surprise they were sold out! Well come to find out John Knight had gotten the remaining books to sell for Al.
    I purchased my Memorial edition from John and it was delivered promptly. My set is now complete. Should anyone here that is new to trapdoor collecting Al?s books are a valuable reference for both the beginner and experienced collector. Should anyone have already visited Al?s site for his books then found them sold out there is a limited supply available through John Night for the same price Al had posted. All of Johns?s contact information is now posted on Al?s site. Get a set now before they are gone.
    Please excuse the typo in the thread headline. Seems I can’t edit it.
    Last edited by Carlsr; 07-01-2021 at 03:52. Reason: Typo

2. Default

Yes indeed. These are the best reference there is along with Mr. Hosmer's book More .45-70 Springfields, 1873-1893: The Uncommon, the Scarce and the Rare for the person that wants more knowledge on the hard to find models. John is a great guy to deal with and ships quickly. I highly doubt that Al's books will ever be published again. Currently on Amazon you are going to pay close to a hundred bucks up to unbelievable amounts and even worse at Abe's books. So if you are thinking of getting the 2 you should order now before they are gone. Mine are opened very often.

I’m glad that I purchased both volumes several weeks ago after putting it off for years.

Yes, Richard's books are awesome also! I take them to gun shows with me as they are more compact to carry. Another good book is The 45 70 Springfield by Joe Poyer and Craig Riesch. I have also found this book to also be an invaluable reference. The next book I'm looking to buy is the Trapdoor Springfield by Waite & Ernst. From what I have herd this is another great book to have.

Don't spend a fortune on W&E just to "complete your library". You won't learn anything that Al hasn't covered, and there are numerous mistakes and wrong assumptions. There ARE some different pictures of course, and it is an entertaining read, but don't break the bank to get a copy. Just my $.02.

I have a mint, unread, matching set of Al's original signed and numbered first editions (#540, IIRC) in their original boxes, which I plan on auctioning off to the highest bidder at some point - but not yet.

Thanks for the kind words about my little effort. They were meant to be carried to shows.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 07-06-2021 at 12:52.

I've herd others talk highly of W&E book Dick but you're too late LOL!!! I found a very inexpensive used edition. It is now on it's way.

There are currently volume I and volume II of Al’s 45-70 books up for auction on Gunbroker.
    There is just one bidder.
    buy it now price is $135.00

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910241882
    Last edited by Fred; 09-11-2021 at 06:23.

8. Default

For our fellow Trapdoor Collectors we still have Vol. 1 (Memorial edition) and Vol. 2 for sale, new condition shipped to lower 48 for $ 117.00. Dr. Frascas old price. If interested please call John Knight at 419-357-6144.

Wonder what someone would pay for a MATCHING set of SIGNED and numbered ORIGINALS, new in box? I bought a spare set when they came out in 1980 and 1995.