Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    I would just hold on to the grip and wack the slide with a dead blow hammer , if the slide is not in battery it will not fire. That is what your gunsmith is going to do, there is no other way that I can see. if the gun is pointed in a safe direction there should be no problem.
    This is what I did and it worked! I did whack the H out it with a rubber mallet, didn't damage gun at all! Thanks!!!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I would not be playing with those down loads to far. You might have a squib and then a KA BOOM!

Advice taken! Thank you!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I was working up loads for a 6.5 Grendel and had a round get stuck in the chamber. I was at an indoor range, so there are a lot of other shooters around. I went and got the gun smith. He called a cease fire. Then he POGO sticked the AR on the front of the shooting bench and it ejected the round. (exactly what I was thinking of doing, but since I was NOT authorized to call a cease fire, I figured let them do it.)
    Turns out after a very close examination of the chamber, their is a tool mark in there and my best guess is the brass expanded in the tool mark. I have since re-barreled that rifle with a Krieger barrel. It was a cheap upper and I won't mention the name. My own dam*ed fault for buying it. the old saying.... PAY once only CRY once! I PAID twice and the outfit wouldn't even answer me. Live and learn.