Default Looking for Lyman .50 cal. "maxi-ball" mould

We are shooting those balls in our muzzle-loading hunting rifles but are unsatisfied with the quality of the commercial bullets. The mold number from Lyman 504617 and everyone seems to be out, including Lyman, Midway. October Country and Buffalo Arms.

All the usual suspects. Anyone have a suggestion or better yet a mold they want to sell off? In the latter case, PM me

TIA

jn

Try either:

The Log Cabin shoppe in Lodi, Ohio [logcabin@logcabinshop.com]

or

][Track of the wolf [https://www.trackofthewolf.com}

A lot od stuff is OOS,

Thank you Mr Roth! The Log Cabin had one and I bought it.

jn

If I had read your post sooner I could have offered this mold for you to make a pile of bullets as a loaner. Would have saved you some money.
    Attachment 49393Attachment 49394
    Attachment 49395
    Last edited by BudT; 06-23-2021 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    If I had read your post sooner I could have offered this mold for you to make a pile of bullets as a loaner. Would have saved you some money.
    Attachment 49393Attachment 49394
    Attachment 49395

Thanks for the thought. I didn't get the draw for the Eagle Cap muzzle loader hunt, so I have some time to deal with it. I bought the New Traditions .50 cal. which is a damn good rifle. Looks like I will be tagging along on my brother's December cow hunt above the North Fork again. For myself, it's gonna be a coast range hunt I guess. I better buy my tag quick before they sell out!

jn

FWIW the hunt I was hoping to get was 261 M, a muzzle loader, bull-only hunt in the Eagle Cap wilderness area of the Wallowa-Blue Mountains. That would have been the hunt of a lifetime. There were 55 applicants and 50 tags. Oregon has a points sytem for the draw, your points reset to zero if you win a draw. I got a draw last yeaR, sorry Charlie!

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    FWIW the hunt I was hoping to get was 261 M, a muzzle loader, bull-only hunt in the Eagle Cap wilderness area of the Wallowa-Blue Mountains. That would have been the hunt of a lifetime. There were 55 applicants and 50 tags. Oregon has a points sytem for the draw, your points reset to zero if you win a draw. I got a draw last yeaR, sorry Charlie!

jn
    Kind of reminds me of a friend up in Dillon MT, he put in for a moose tag for 48 years and didn't draw on the 49th year he drew. We both figure he wont live long enough to draw another there. I'm thinking my elk hunting days might about be over unless I can find someone to help handle it, pretty hard for me to do a elk by myself now. I didn't put in for any elk this year just goats and deer and they better be close to a road. I went up to Browns Bench yesterday morning to test a few loads for my .32 Win Spl and the new sights on the 94 some 25-35 loads and some .45 acp stuff and saw a nice round forkie mulie, he's to dumb to make it through archery season let alone rifle season. Good luck elk hunting get a good one for eating.

Jon, pm sent.

Default jon

Tried to respond to you in pm but your box is full and not available.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Thank you for the loan! I guess I'll be able to shoot those smokepoles until the cows come home. I'll clean out the mailbox too.

jn