Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Truthfully, I thought moderators would help keep things in order but with the continuous squabbling, I am seriously considering dumping the lot of them or shutting down the site completely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SysAd View Post
    Truthfully, I thought moderators would help keep things in order but with the continuous squabbling, I am seriously considering dumping the lot of them or shutting down the site completely.
    then shut it down,,,,,

if you like, I can go into a discussion about moderators, how you failed to give a moderator all the stuff needed at first, (for a good while),

or we can discuss the disarray this forum was left in for years, and the number of trolls that were here, as well as the large number of good folks that were RUNNOFT during that time..

or we can go positive and talk about the increases in viewership has increased a number of times over the past few years, once the trolling was stopped,

like this new milestone back in May,
    Most users ever online was 3,863, 05-16-2021 at 06:52.
    granted a pile of them were likely bots,,,

this thread itself should be an indicator of what some of the membership wants,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SysAd View Post
    It isn't now what the Maj. created CSP for....dump the troll mods or shut down...my vote.

Dump the 2nd A thread; there is plenty of social media available for the kind of political discussion that takes place here. Maybe it is only here because on other media they would be given a "time out" or banned.
    Last edited by PWC; 09-04-2021 at 09:36.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    It isn't now what the Maj. created CSP for....dump the troll mods or shut down...my vote.

Dump the 2nd A thread; there is plenty of social media available for the kind of political discussion that takes place here. Maybe it is only here because on other media they would be given a "time out" or banned.
    FWIW, I tried to change the 2nd forum to password enabled, as in locked unless you had a seperate password, but I do not have clearance for that

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    If the site is shut down then the troll's have won.

Blog Entries

SysAd - The site was created for more than the 2nd A. The other threads languish for participation. Most of the experience has left. You can't even access the encyclopedia of knowledge that originated here except thru Lane's Tips. I understand the cost of bandwidth that necessitated that loss. The other forums are geared to the type firearms for which this site was created.

Kill off 2nd A, and see of the dim light from Jouster 2 will grow brighter. Tightly moderate the remaining forums against political speech just like the other healthy firearm/shooting forums do. See if this forum will come back.

I think for the longest time you abdicated your admin responsibility and that is why we are here now. It 's not a matter of who wins...it's a matter of directing a properly relivent forum.

Blog Entries

I concur, remove the 2A cracker barrel.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Or permanently ban those who cause the problems here and keep all the Majors forums as He intended. With the well known trolls here gone we wouldn't even need moderators.

Still, a password to get into the political section would be a good idea I think. Some of what is said here is thinking out loud, political jokes or sensitive material, though perhaps true, that the general public shouldn't view.

Most of the traffic here is 2A related. Killing it off won't leave much else. The subject of 2A rights and guns should never be an issue but because of democrats it is. I think we need to keep the discussions alive but w/o the interference from the left anti-gunners. They have their own forums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Or permanently ban those who cause the problems here and keep all the Majors forums as He intended. With the well known trolls here gone we wouldn't even need moderators.

Still, a password to get into the political section would be a good idea I think. Some of what is said here is thinking out loud, political jokes or sensitive material, though perhaps true, that the general public shouldn't view.

Most of the traffic here is 2A related. Killing it off won't leave much else. The subject of 2A rights and guns should never be an issue but because of democrats it is. I think we need to keep the discussions alive but w/o the interference from the left anti-gunners. They have their own forums.
    Trolls make alternate accounts, not the other way around.

Right, Gunsmoke?
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Mention troll and they volunteer their identity.