Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Blackhawk

Default Ruger Blackhawk

Just picked up a 41 Mag in a trade, 6 1/2' barrel. Gave a 30-30 post 64 winchester for it. The revolver shows some holster wear but in fine mechanical shape. Came with 1 box of Buffalo bore 210 gr ammo Can't wait to take it to the range. Any one here have a 41mag?

RB in .41 Mag. is a very fine revolver. The .30-30 Winchester is a very fine rifle. Sounds like you both got a good deal. That BB 210 gr. ammo will give you just about everything that can be done w/ the .41 Mag. Will watch with interest for your range report. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

If all works out I will get loading dies. Looked up Buffalo bore. $44.00 a box plus $25.00 hazmat & shipping. Holy crap! I will get some starline cases (when available) to go with the box I already have.

My old 3 screw 41 mag Ruger with 6 1/2 inch barrel won me 1st place in metal silhouette competition a few years back. It would slam down those 200 yard ram targets very well and make those chicken targets take wing. I competed in the production class.
    Last edited by Major Tom; 05-17-2021 at 04:14.

5. Default

I have a nickel plated 6" 57, dash 1 I think. Not P&R. Have to check to see how many cast bullets I have for it.

I am wondering if the 41 mag is built on the super blackhawk frame as it seems rather bulky.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kj47 View Post
    I am wondering if the 41 mag is built on the super blackhawk frame as it seems rather bulky.
    not sure , but most likely, considering the size of the cartridge

I like the looks of it with the fluted cylinder. Having trouble picking up cases and bullets in any weights. Did pick up a box of Winchester 175 Gr at LGS, Not cheap but That gives me 40 cases to reload(maybe). Did get a Lee Loader.

9. Default

The current 41 Magnum is built on the mid-size frame; same as the three screw .357 Blackhawk. Up until now .41s were built on the large SBH frame. Best way to tell is measure the diameter of the cylinder, frame cutout or serial number prefix. Not real slick of Ruger to change the gun without changing the name. At least my .45 says 'new Vaquero'.

I had a .41 mag. Blackhawk back in the mid 60's. Took a couple of deer with it and it seemed to be just as good a killer as the .44 mag with about 3/4 of the recoil. Easier to pack also.
    J.J.