Default The cost of ammo

Todays market for copper hit $10,000/ metric ton. Or 4.50/ lb.
    Last edited by dryheat; 04-29-2021 at 07:43.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

They are paying $1.85 for scrap shells right now in around here..... Rockaway recycling always has up to the minute scrap prices posted
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Great time to tear out that copper plumbing and put in PEX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Great time to tear out that copper plumbing and put in PEX!!!
    But its the thieves who will take the copper forcing you to go with PEX!
    Uncertain whether or not its approved by building codes around me. PVC is only approved for waste and drainage. Not for potable water.

**As an aside, can't use Romex for electric either. You can, but you can't sell the property until its piped. In a commercial building you can't get as occupancy permit unless its piped and greenfield is only allowed as whips for lighting and dishwashers etc.
    Last edited by JB White; 05-08-2021 at 07:32.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Wait, what, JB?

Bx or conduit only? Yikes.

No more bx. Code calls for minimum thhn of 14g for lighting and 12g for 120v circuits. No more than 360 degrees total bend on a run between pull boxes.
    As a carpenter, its good to know or at least be familiar with the different requirements to be met by all trades. When we frame properly, its easier on the electric, plumbing, HVAC etc. We all come in on time. Client happy. Boss make money. We stay on payroll.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

It isn't just copper prices that is driving ammo up it's much much more. For the foreseeable future I see no real relief on availability and more normal prices of any commodity. Hyper inflation and shortages are in the near future given this administrations goals, inflation has already started.

Blog Entries

prices on some gunshow type ammo sellers are dropping to $40 a box,
    meanwhile some of the retailers I have seen local it's gone up to $20 a box,

for generic 9mm etc

I sell a lot of oddball ammo I find in estates online,
    the panic and bidding wars have pretty much stopped, except for 22lr,

I'll get one or 3 bids and still sell over asking, but not the crazy prices like we were getting a month or 2 ago

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    prices on some gunshow type ammo sellers are dropping to $40 a box,
    meanwhile some of the retailers I have seen local it's gone up to $20 a box,

for generic 9mm etc

I sell a lot of oddball ammo I find in estates online,
    the panic and bidding wars have pretty much stopped, except for 22lr,

I'll get one or 3 bids and still sell over asking, but not the crazy prices like we were getting a month or 2 ago
    I'm starting to notice the same things Lyman has. I was in an Academy yesterday and they had some Remington high velocity .22 round nose at $11.00 for a box of 100. That isn't really cheap but its a lot better than the $20.00 to $30.00 it was a month ago.
    The shelves were still pretty bare but what was there is becoming more reasonable.