Default Powder scales/measures.

The progress made in powder scales over the period of time I have been loading ammo is astounding.
    Started in 1966 with a Lyman/Ohaus which I used for many years in conjunction mechanical powder dispenser and trickler. Then a few years ago new stuff caught my eye and I picked up a Lyman 1200 DPS and another Ohaus, this time the RCBS version. Always liked the balance scales for reference. Last year an RCBS Chargemaster joined the bench and most recently an RCBS Matchmaster which I haven't finished setting up yet. The idea that one of these inventions can put a load in a tray that is within .04 gn in 20 seconds or less just amazes me. I thought the .1 the Chargemaster did was incredible but the Matchmaster down to .04 wow.

Powder scales 1.jpgPowder scales 2.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-29-2021 at 11:20.

Loaded 50 .223 cases this morning. Matchmaster with factory settings and using next to the highest speed in match mode set to 25gn of 8208 is either right on the money or .02 over. Hope to get out and shoot some in one of my bolt .223s today.

Matchmaster.jpg

Today would be a waste of good ammo . . . . .

Winds will blow HARD all day in Connecticut!

I am fortunate to own an area shown on old maps as " Mark's Hollow" where I am pretty well protected by abrupt hills on 3 sides.

Hmmm . . . .

I think you and I are living only a few miles apart.

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    Hmmm . . . .

I think you and I are living only a few miles apart.

If that's the case we might just get together for some target shooting. I am in New Preston near Lake Waramaug and have a small range in the yard. Shoot mostly 100 to 150 yds.