Default New to me laminated stick project.

Bought this laminated stock from a fellow in the PX last week that has been liquidating some of the stuff from Hook's shop. Finished dropping one of my TRW/Bula builds into her. ITC wetsuit riser is on the way. Stock is set up perfectly for iron sight use. Scope is a MK 4 16x fixed on a Bassett low rail mount.

Laminate 1.jpgLaminate 2.jpgLaminate 3.jpgLaminate 4.jpgLaminate 6.jpg

Blog Entries

nice looking stock!!!

drop in?

Another rifle had been bedded it it, but the fit was shoe horn perfect, like it was meant to be. The previous tenant was rear lugged so there is space available should I decide to go that route.

It works. First two targets are with a shop scope on a Basssett low rail mount. Second photo is iron sight on an SR-1 using LC M118 LR ammo. Whatta Hobby!

Laminate 7.jpgLaminate 8.jpgLaminate 9.jpg

Setup for shooting steel. Ran 100 rnds at 100 yds rapid fire. First and last target. Was a test to see how the Bula standard weight chrome lined barrel would hold up with heat. As far as I am concerned, passed with flying colors.

New setup 1.jpgNew setup 2.jpg

Got in some 10 dot practice this morning with one of my " not 10 dot rifles". Rifle is a TRW/Bula with stnd USGI spec chrome lined 22" Bula barrel from Ted Brown bedded in a laminated wood stock from the px last month. Scope is a Leupold MK 4 16x fixed mounted on a Bassett low mount. Ammo is handload DAG berdan case with 150 fb Berger over 41.5 gn of IMR-8208. Shot a 2-8 which proves a fancy barrel is not necessary to get an M14 to shoot moa. Last 6 shots were sub .5 moa.

10 dot 1.jpg