Thread: Ammo prices

Default Ammo prices

Was at lgs yesterday, 45-70 was $100.00 a box. Yep, I'll keep reloading till my supplies run out.

Ammo is high right now and across the country. Components are stupid high and just as hard to find as ammo. I did see some Hornady 30 gr. .22 Mag today at Sportsman's for almost 18 per box, they had some bullets and a couple pounds of powder to but nothing I wanted. I check some of the local stores at least once a week looking for certain things as well as on line. I'm glad I don't need a lot. "The new normal"? Good luck
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

When I was in seminary (79-82), I could hardly afford a $5 box of remanufactured .38 wadcutters. I started reloading. RCBS Reloader Special ... made that little investment back in just a little while, maybe a year or so. Been reloading just about all my ammo since then. Still have bullets in the closet that I bought ... back in New Orleans, LA between 79-82. Have primers and powder from 2004. Thank God. If buying now, I'd be back to the one box a week routine. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

A dealer friend of mine said he was talking with his sales associate with one of the big national supply outfits for the shooting sports. He told him that if he wanted small pistol primers to order them now at the price of.....$59.95..... per one HUNDRED primers. He would have to pay for them now and would be notified when they came in and if there was a price increase. This is completely insane and no reasons given for it too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    A dealer friend of mine said he was talking with his sales associate with one of the big national supply outfits for the shooting sports. He told him that if he wanted small pistol primers to order them now at the price of.....$59.95..... per one HUNDRED primers. He would have to pay for them now and would be notified when they came in and if there was a price increase. This is completely insane and no reasons given for it too.
    that's crazy,

and makes the guys selling the bricks at $200-300 bucks at gunshows look sane

One local dealer has been putting the primers he gets reasonable on a bid forum and making 10X what he would sell locally. I am getting ready to do my summer casting for what I do reload with what primers I have. Primers are now up to $400/M and I refuse to pay that type of price! I shoot mainly handgun so my CO2 is getting a workout.
    Sam

I see primers in the 125 dollar range here in my neck of the woods some for more but few for less. Some powders have come down to the 45-50 dollar range, I pay that for VV powders but not the others. I haven't paid over 35 for the others since this stuff started. I just bought a box of Barns bullets and they were 41+ change + tax at Sportsman's Warehouse this morning, wally world had Remington 22lr for 30 per 500 bulk box this morning, I don't need them that bad. I'm looking for another Ruger American standard in .17HMR to pair up with my .22Mag. I don't like dinging up my purdy CZ hauling it around in the side by side, leaning against rocks and oak trees to shoot. Keep watching if things don't blow up worse than what they already are we might start seeing more stuff, maybe kinda sorta.