Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

When I work in LE, I carried a Smith Wesson 659. I had one mag in in the pistole and 2 mags in reserve with one being a 17 round mag. I some times carry the 659 and some times the 1911 always have spare loaded mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    . . . . . So, how do you folks carry, the forum, is, as they say, open.
    I rarely carry, but when I do, I have six in the cylinder and two legs under my body . . . .

Always better to walk/run away with two, than six in the gun.

But . . .if cornered . . . .

Interesting that you started this topic as I watched a youtube video on the topic last night. I carry because I can. For a few decades I carried a 1911 with just one mag. Then last year when all the civil protests started I decided I might need more rounds and started carrying a Glock 19 and one mag and threw a AR pistol in the trunk. Things settled down and the AR went back in the safe but I'm still carrying the Glock and one mag. Depending how the rioting season starts off I will reevaluate the need for more firepower.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    Interesting that you started this topic as I watched a youtube video on the topic last night. I carry because I can. For a few decades I carried a 1911 with just one mag. Then last year when all the civil protests started I decided I might need more rounds and started carrying a Glock 19 and one mag and threw a AR pistol in the trunk. Things settled down and the AR went back in the safe but I'm still carrying the Glock and one mag. Depending how the rioting season starts off I will reevaluate the need for more firepower.
    I do similar,

choice of handgun varies, but there is always a spare in vehicle,

and I have tossed either a riot style shotgun or AR in the trunk a few times

For me its the initial loading and two reloads.

Out hunting for deer, five/four in magazine, a spare magazine load and a box of 20 in the backpack.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

A full sized double stack Kimber polymer target (M-5 Bull I am told made it) that holds 14+1 of 45 ACP and 2nd magazine in front pocket ... 29 rounds total.
    First 15 are speer gold dot 230 JHP that local PD used in Maricopa county, (might be used to carry now that sheriff joe is gone!), 2nd magazine is S&B or Remington 230 FMJ

7. Default

I guess you just never know when you might get into a Dade County type shootout.

15 + 1 in a Glock 19.