Default Winchester Mod. 94 feed issue

This might not be a place to ask this but here goes. I have a Winchester pre-64 Mod. 94 in 32 Win. Spl. that as the title says has a feeding problem. what happens is when you load the magazine with loaded cartridges and cycle the lever at slow speed it "almost" always feeds into the chamber properly without a hitch....but. When it is cycled fast and with force the cartridge on its way into the chamber rises in the rear (the head pops up) out of alignment and jams into the shoulder of the case at the top of the barrel where the extractor cut is and jams. I'm not real skilled at 94's but do understand a bit about them, I have already had this rifle to two gun smiths and so far the last one is the one that did the most for it but didn't clear up the feeding issue.

In my mind and as to what I can see of the rifle parts without dis-assembly is that the cartridge guides on both sides are pretty rough and the ejector is rough, very rough. The 2 smiths don't seem to notice or be concerned about those two parts, I am. Any ides would be helpful in figuring out this fix. Right now I am considering ordering the two cartridge R@L guides + new screws and a new ejector and spring (all new parts) from Jack First and changing out the parts providing they are available. Do you know a real good 94 smith? someone you have personal experience with? in case my idea is FOS and I need a plan "B".

BudT

2. Default

Lemme check in my taiwan copy of McFarland and see what he says. Factory spec OAL ammo right?

Yes, most any brand. I have tried Winchester power point, Remington Cor-lokt, Remington Hollow point and Hornady Flex tip as well as hand loads set to factory spec.
    Last edited by BudT; 04-18-2021 at 07:16. Reason: corrected ammo maker

4. Default

Bud, ask your question on the Winchester Arms Collectors Association forum. There should be several people over there who can give you some suggestions. The link is below:

https://winchestercollector.org/forum/

Thank you for that link. I think I will follow this out here first and then follow up at the link you provided. At one time I had thought about contacting Winchester with the problem and see what they had to say/suggest.