Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This note is legal tender for all debts....

.....public and private.

But its totally worthless in some area restaurants and now, Wrigley Field.
    From here on, any and all transactions will be handled by phone swipe or phone app. Sucks to be among the fans who don't use a smart phone.
    Due to hacking, loss or theft I do not keep CC info on my phone. Sucks to be me. Can't even use a free ticket anymore.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I don't blame you one bit I don't keep "any" financial information on my phone or computer either and never will. I change CC account numbers on a un-regular basis. My last CC has not only the swipe and chip but the tap feature. Any cards that could be read by a reader are kept in a rfid blocking container as well as my cell phone when I don't want it to be located. I'm a cash guy most of the time but sometimes a CC is easier, people not wanting to take cash is fine with me I simply don't spend my money there and move on. Another thought on the cash being worthless is the "fact" that the current gubmit is devaluing our money faster than crap can go through a goose, it's almost worthless now and this next destroying bill will finish it off making it Zimbabwe money. A trillion worthless dollars for a loaf of bread coming soon. You have a great day JB

I am the same way nothing on my computer my daughter is a CPA and keeps after me and my wife to do our banking on line fat chance we do every thing with checks and mail my friend had his bank account hacked took all his money took him months to straighten out They are printing fresh money every day devaluing our dollar fast

Well, the way the present administration is printing money by the train load, any cash you have on hand will be practically worthless anyhow!

This past year weve seen price tags and some fees nearly double. Just yesterday I stopped off at a market expecting to give up $35 to $45 at the checkout as I was accustomecd to. In the back of my mind I braced for an inflated figure somewhere between $50 to $60.
    Sticker shock price was $87+.

Son suggested I check out a BBQ shack near his place. Carry out order was naturally more than Id rather pay, but was told CC or swipe only. WTH?? I have $200 cash in pocket and can't use it? Why would I want to nickel & dime a credit card? Stuffed the money back into my pocket and left the order on the counter.
    Only thing I did was reinforce the derogatory use of the term "fkn Boomers!"
    Last edited by JB White; 04-02-2021 at 04:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    . . . . .Son suggested I check out a BBQ shack near his place. Carry out order was naturally more than Id rather pay, but was told CC or swipe only. WTH?? I have $200 cash in pocket and can't use it? Why would I want to nickel & dime a credit card? Stuffed the money back into my pocket and left the order on the counter. . . . . .
    Mebbie you can take some measure of solace in if you had used your CC, the BBQ joint would have made LESS profit.
    They would have had to PAY OUT a fee to your CC company.
    By paying cash, the BBQ joint makes a trifle MORE profit!

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    Mebbie you can take some measure of solace in if you had used your CC, the BBQ joint would have made LESS profit.
    They would have had to PAY OUT a fee to your CC company.
    By paying cash, the BBQ joint makes a trifle MORE profit!
    Not really. Places like that incorporate the CC fees into the base price.
    Other places I do business with openly display a difference in pricing when using a CC vs. cash. Have been for a long time. If you choose to use credit, then the buyer should be responsible for paying the cost of borrowed money.
    Others who advertise no added CC fees have adjusted prices to compensate. In other words, when you pay with cash you're also paying the split difference in the markup to cover those who prefer credit.

8. Default

It will also become easier for the big bro to see how much you are spending and audit you,if they want. "How did you spend 60k this year but only had 15k of income? Let's see those bank statements."

Years ago(like forty yrs. ago) I always grumbled about standing in the check out line at the grocery and having to mess around paying with cash. Or waiting for an old lady to write out a check. I wondered, why can't we just use these credit cards to pay for groceries? I got my wish. I bank on line, but I am not up with the current tech enough to use the phone for much more than calls. Twice I've had the bank alert me that my CC was hacked. No loses but I have to get a new card and update my accounts. It DOES make me a little nervous but it's so easy and I absolutely hate writing checks.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

You're wise to be careful. About a year ago somebody hacked into my bank account and transferred $1800 to someone who I think lives in Africa. The bank made up the loss and after a conversation with their security folks, we reduced the allowable wire transfer limit to $0. That worked because when they tried again the next week, the bank's computer stopped it. In addition, the bank suggested that I disable the "tap" function on my debit card so that if I lost it, nobody else could use it.