Thread: 1899 Krag Rifle

Default 1899 Krag Rifle

Just now took possession of a 1899 Krag Rifle, Ser. No. 346059. The handguard is missing. The stock has been cut back to carbine length. Nothing else has been altered. Cleaned the bore ... it's bright as a nickle! Using a strong light, the throat looks nice. The muzzle looks real good. Tonight I will try to get pictures. Will need some advice about how to post them. Would like to begin planning how to restore this to a correct configuration. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

You meant MADE in 1899, I'm assuming - if it was originally a rifle the receiver should be marked "Model 1898". Receivers marked "Model 1899" were used almost exclusively on carbines. There were a few exceptions, and some oversteps & double strikes, but they almost never turn up. Stock stretching is done all the time. One of the best is Chuck MacArthur who sometimes posts here, as "Butler's Rangers". I'd also suggest that you visit/join the KCA website. http://kragcollectorsassociation.org
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 03-30-2021 at 04:48.

Thank you for your kind and very helpful response. I have 40 years of experience with 03 and 03-A3 rifles and 20 years experience w/ M-1 Garands. I have about three months experience with a borrowed Krag once owned by my brother. So ... this is going to be a learning experience.

I will take pictures. The camera on m phone is very good. As so as I figure out how to post pictures, I will get them up here. The bore is just beautiful which for me is a big deal as I very much hope to use this rifle with case bullet loads. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

if you are posting from a laptop or desk top, etc,

not sure if this will work on a phone, have not tried yet,

clic reply, either quick or advanced,
    type your words,

to attach the pic, click the tree in a box pic,, see here

Untitled.jpg

the select from computer
    select file
    upload,
    and it should work