Default 1903 Mark I authentication

Hoping that someone can help me out here. I have 1903 MarkI Springfield that I believe is all original and never was rebuilt There are no rebuild marks that I can find on the stock or the barrel. There is one P on the wrist of the stock, and a DAL cartouche on the side of the stock. It has all of it?s Mark I components, and the barrel is marked SA 1-19. If it is all correct, as I suspect, what kind of value should I put on it for my records?
    I was trying to post pictures here so that you have a better idea of what I have, but I can?t figure out how to load them onto here. Any help?

If the photos are on your pc, go to the space where you post messages and go to the row of icons at the top of the space. The third icon from the right is the one you will click on to open the photo posting sight.
    Last edited by Merc; 03-29-2021 at 04:37. Reason: Correction - right, not left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    If the photos are on your pc, go to the space where you post messages and go to the row of icons at the top of the space. The third icon from the right is the one you will click on to open the photo posting sight.
    what Merc said,

the icon looks like a tree in a frame,

you can select url, and input the url, or select From Computer and select the file ,

IMG_E2120.jpgIMG_E2124.jpg Finally figured out how to post pictures. Here's the rifle in question. What do you think?
    Last edited by GJB1903; 03-31-2021 at 05:24.

I believe that one has been refinished. There are areas that should be "in the white" that are now phosphate. Stocks are easily swapped out, so no real help there. Better photos of the action with the bolt removed might help.

The rifle appears original except that the lower band appears either rusted or refinished. I will leave the valuation to others.

J.B.