Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kind of surprised it cleaned up that well with a bunch of surface rust. Any pitting?
    The barrel must have been replaced. With lots of surface rust they're usually badly rusted too.
    Everybody and his brother plus all their cousins used K98's. The triangle may be from one of them.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Sunray, I was shocked at how well it cleaned up too. There are a few spots my fingernail catches where the worst of the rust was, and a long light spot where the worst rust was on the barrel, but just light, not back to white. She's nothing special, but again, for that price and the joy of getting it cleaned up I couldn't pass it up. And, no matter the story, I enjoy trying to decipher old milsurps. Thanks again!

Steve

It looks to be whats termed as a sporter rescue. It is sitting in a Yugoslav K98k stock with late stamped bands. I have a 1944 DOT that was done by me much the same way. Even about 6 years ago you could find Yugo rework German laminate stocks for qabout 100 dollars.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Thank you Hal. I just saw your comment from September, and I believe your analysis of the stock is spot on!

Steve