Default How much is too much for re-loading powders?

This question was posted on another forum. My response was as follows:

Guess it would depend on when and at what price you got used to buying powders. Just looking at some in my stash starting at $7.95 and then it jumped to 14.95, 19.95, 22.95 28.95 and then 31.95.
    Personally I have been shooting between 5 and 10K of .308 per year for decades and don't plan on slowing down much no matter what the price is.
    Last batch of 24lbs I received last week from Powder Valley was $36. per and I don't believe there is an end in sight. Even at the price we pay today it can be considered a bargain compared to many other hobbies. The stress reduction factor alone is invaluable to me. I would venture to guess that the average income of our population has increased considerably more than the cost of powder.

That $7.95 powder was purchased the same year I bought my first 4x4 Ford new for $2500. My last Ford 4x4 ran $75,000. At that rate, for comparison, a pound of powder should be at $238.50.

My supplier still sells all powder for $35 per pound and he has literally a barn full as well as primers.

"...Guess it would depend on when and..." You can add 'Where' to that too. And reloading doesn't save much, if any, money.
    The whole thing is about your budget though.
    "...Ford 4x4 ran $75,000..." That's funny. Up here, a 4 door, 4X4, F-150(that only comes with a girly automatic transmission now. FORD said you guys weren't buying proper standards) was 70 grand plus taxes and delivery etc. Be close to 100 grand Cdn. by the time you drive off the lot. And there are hordes of 'em on the roads.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Default Need Powder For Reloading

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    My supplier still sells all powder for $35 per pound and he has literally a barn full as well as primers.

Would you mind sharing the name of your supplier and a way to contact him with me ? In our geographic area, nothing seems to be availablr.

Thanks, Lee Hoffman