Thread: Air war

Default Air war

These are good sized model jets with real jet engines. Lot's of rich guys have them and a lot of them don't know what to do with them. Some European trials and contests show off the best. This is one of the best. yeah, there is some goofy stuff, but well done goofy. The F-35/22(I'm a little out of my depth here) can do tricks that are close.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-19-2021 at 12:32.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Dillon of Dillon Reloading got into reloading to feed his assorted MGs. He's supposedly the only civilian in the U.S. with an armed fighter aircraft.
    The F-35/22 has vector thrust engines. Lets it fly almost sideways.
    Saw an article long ago about RC aircraft(a B-25, I think) that had working gun turrets(not the guns of course) and could drop bombs. Big kids and their toys. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

There's an engineer who lives three houses down. One day he had his F-14 (Top Gun) taxiing around in front of his house. Had to be 8 feet long. Whatever floats your boat! There is a local RC plane club that owns a 3-acre, or so, piece of land. Well-maintained, grass cut really short for a runway, lines of picnic tables for prep/repairs. I take my son sometimes on weekends to see what's flying. They seem to enjoy the attention, too.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

I was into this hobby for a short while and it is a lot of fun. I only flew Park Flyers. These are very lightweight planes that are powered by tiny electric motors and special rechargeable batteries. They are also inexpensive. You can get a complete kit including the radio transmitter for $50 or less. You need a large piece of land that is free of trees if you want to fly these. You also need to have excellent muscle memory if you are going to do this. That is why this sport is popular with teenagers and adults who are not seniors. There is a good deal of info about this on YouTube.