Gents, I've got a Rock Island 1903 S/N 354744 with a 4-22 dated RIA barrel. I've Ferris' book on the rifle but still have a few questions and am looking for some help. Firstly the bolt is swept with a small NS on the bolt root. I have a spare straight bolt with NS on the safety lug. Is one or the other correct or both? The stock has no grasping grooves, 2 bolts, no cartouche, but a very worn or poorly stamped P on the wrist and possibly a very small flaming bomb on the stock tip under the barrel, smooth butt plate, so I'm guessing replacement but I've not disassembled to see if it is an A3 stock. On the right side of the butt stock a 4 digit number is stamped in the wood but does not correspond to the serial number. The receiver screws are staked so I'm reluctant to disassemble it. I'd also like to know, if possible, when the rifle was built and/or assembled. The rifle has matching and even wear and does not appear to be a rebuild. Are the stamped stock numbers indicative of a rack number and if so, by whom?

Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this one.

TIA
VG