1. Default

Is that a pre-war M70?

Thanks for the link.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Is that a pre-war M70?

Thanks for the link.
    Its post war, probably 1952 or so.

I put a pre war bolt sleeve/safety assembly on to give it the early look.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    ... Chan's personally owned M21 clone. Both rifles accuracy started to fall off after 600 yards which I suppose is to be expected since they were designed to be 600 yard rifles. ]
    I'd like to take a dissenting view on M21 being a 600 yd rifle. It has the capability to easily shoot men at 1000 yds. I have a rack grade M1A sitting in a M14e1 stock, scoped and I can hold a 18 inch group at 1000 yds with the Mod 316 Mod"O" sniper round. I have repeatedly been doing so at Quantico the past 7 years. My rifle has a stock trigger that needs a trigger job , and a standard barrel. I have installed a 6x and later a 16x fixed power SWFA SS scope and shot this Minute of Man at 1000 yds.

The rifle was not made for that long a distance and I'd agree 600 yds is probably max combat engagement when they developed the M21. A glass bedded, properly barreled M21, with NM barrel has got to be a far more accurate rifle than my plane jane M1A.

BlitzKrieg

I'm not going to ask you to go back to the old videos in my post of Chan shooting the Druganov and the M21. So, here are the videos for Chan's personally owned M21 clone and his shooting it out to 800 yards. The conditions were better when he shot the M21 than the M40 so maybe he was just having a bad day. It happens right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9gm0QEMOjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB9S8aVrCHk

The shooting was done at Carter's country just north of Houston. I used to shoot there often until they got silly on some of the rules and the price got too high. At that point I joined a gun club. I still shoot some trap and skeet there though.
    Last edited by Art; 03-24-2021 at 03:51.