Thread: FN SPR

Default FN SPR

Beautiful morning in CT. Sunny, no wind and 50 degrees. Started the day's shooting with the FN-SPR 20" chrome lined heavy fluted barrel. Cold bore 10 rnds at 100 yds. Scope set up 4 and right 4 so we don't obliterate the poa. Berger 115 FB over 50 gn of BL-C 2 in MEN berdan brass with Tula primers. Running right at 3100 fps. Shot using bipod resting on 3 legged shooting table rear supported with left hand. Max spread 7/8 ".

FN spr 1.jpgFN spr 2.jpg

2. Default

That is a very nice early SPR. Where did you get the magazine and floor plate?

Vert nice group as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by garandeguy10 View Post
    That is a very nice early SPR. Where did you get the magazine and floor plate?

Vert nice group as well!!
    Parts came direct from FN. Their TBM kit.

Here is a Target I shot in competition a few years ago. Printed on an 8x11 sheet of paper. Program was to put one rnd into each bad guy. After we finished the guys that do it for a living bet me I couldn't do that again. Just to shut them up, I put 4 more rnds into each. Convinced a bunch of people that their fancy arse 15 to 20K sniper rilfes couldn't hold a candle to my cheap FN with it's chrome lined barrel.

Blog Entries

good shooting!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    good shooting!!
    Thanks. Amazing what can be done when the proper tools for the job are present and the stars align.

7. Default

My SC made HB M70 (with the 'improved' trigger) does very well. Picked up a Masterclass stock on fleabay for peanuts; still waiting to mate them.

8. Default

I want to be on your side during the zombie apocalypse!!

Found another target shot with this rifle the same day as the zombie one. Whatta Hobby!

Hostage target FN spr 2.jpg

10. Default

Nice skill set.