Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default M1 Rifle by Remington

Saw an M1 rifle in a pic from a pawn shop advertising "guns and ammo". So asked how much for the rifle. Reply was $1800. Little steep but looked nice. Asked who made the rifle and how much for ammo. Ammo was too high (shock), but the answer on the rifle kind of caught me off guard, and I think if it is what he said, $1800 would be a winner. Reply was that it was made by Remington. So I'm gonna have to get a clarification on that one and will let you all know. And it is an M1 not an '03.
    Thought this might be interesting.

Keep us posted, please! After years of studying M1 garands, I have never heard of Remington producing one!

I think Remington did manufacture operating rods very late in the M1 rifle era ? but nothing else that
    I can recall.

Blog Entries

wonder if they are mis interpreting a RA inspection mark?

Blog Entries

They made experimental M1s, select fire.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 03-08-2021 at 07:59.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

Tom Greeley of Greeley Arms, Cedar Grove, NJ, had a select fire M1 trigger housing assembly made by Remington back in the early 60s.

Like Roadkingtrax says, rumour has it that Remington worked on or made a "field conversion", T27, an experimental, select fire, M1 Rifle. No contract to build 'em though. JC's original design(c 1920) had a 20 round box mag. Ordnance Dept. said no to that. Rumour also has it that Remington made about 100 receivers to prove they could long before production started.
    Don't recall any mention of Remington other than making M1903/1903A3's in either Hatcher's Notebook or his Book of the Garand.
    $1800 is kind of steep for an M1, depending on condition and where one is located. They start at about a grand and go to over 6 grand on Gun Broker.
    Lotta hallucinating going on there. One guy thinks his is "mint" when it's a rebuild and has been fired. Another guy think his is a "veteran’s take home battle rifle". No such thing. The troopies were NOT allowed to keep their issue kit.
    Pawn shops are rarely good place to buy milsurps. They usually think they have a bag of gold. Even for a junker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The M1 Carbine was made by several manufacturers during WW2, and the 1st Sgt. in the local National Guard unit swore that he had seen one made by Quaker Oats. We never convinced him otherwise.

When my Supply Sgt saw our new M1D rifles stamped H&R on the receivers, he said "low bid"
    as H&R was known for their cheap revolvers

10. Default

Follow up. Sent an inquiry on the rifle. He had to "look at it" to see who made it. Guess he thought I would bite no matter what I was told. Anyway, turns out to be S.A. So yeah, kinda steep.