Default Last two cases of 22 rimfire from CMP.

Just opened my next to last case of 22 Rem. SV from the CMP. I bought 5 cases a few years ago and thought it would last a lifetime. Well, I think I may just outlast this stuff. Sure is nice practice ammo. I know on the 50 yd benchrest, if I do well with this, I will clean the targets with better ammo like SK match extra.

22 rimfire..jpg

Is this repackaged "Blue labeled" Remington target ammo? Last time I bought that junk was 2006.

All I got was ;"bang, bang, phsst phsst , pop etc. Haven't bought since.

good Luck.

Blog Entries

I remember shooting some back in the 80's.,

generic white box .gov issued stuff,
    don't remember if it was Rem or Olin, but it was not very accurate in my 513,

and would not function my AMT Lightning

Between myself , son, grandson and a couple of teen age great grandsons we haven't had any of the predicted failures with having shot 15K plus of it. Accuracy is not as good as my SK match extra, but good enough to be presentable on 50 yd benchrest with our Kimber 52Gs. Even cleaned a few 50 yds with a built 10/22.

Blog Entries

the failure in my AMT was not the ammo's fault, I should have been more clear,

that pistol just does not favor SV type ammo, it prefers something just a bit hotter,

mini mags run like a champ thru it

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    the failure in my AMT was not the ammo's fault, I should have been more clear,

that pistol just does not favor SV type ammo, it prefers something just a bit hotter,

mini mags run like a champ thru it
    I run mini mags in my 1911 22 also.

Quote Originally Posted by jjrothWA View Post
    Is this repackaged "Blue labeled" Remington target ammo? Last time I bought that junk was 2006.

All I got was ;"bang, bang, phsst phsst , pop etc. Haven't bought since.

good Luck.

EXACTLY.

we had a bunch for our juniors program and it was so bad that we ended up selling it at very reduced prices to the general membership and then spending good money for ammo that at least went bang every time...

Blog Entries

I had a couple of bricks or Commercial Remington Target, and could not get good accuracy out of any of my rifles with it,

vintage PMC target, Wolf MT and ME, as well as CCI SV all did much better,

sold it off a month or so ago while the prices are crazy

9. Default

I love my Remington rifles and their accuracy, but never liked their ammo. Winchester, Federal or my handloads is what I shoot.

10. Default

Haven't shot it in years, but my Savage Anschutz 54 Sporter liked Winchester Wildcat. Not quite target accuracy with it, but extremely consistent. Still have a couple of cartons, which may or may not shoot now.