Thread: Slinging BS

1. Cool Slinging BS

One of the joys of reading the old SHotgun News was the endless stream of BS from gun vendors...Shamrock Enfields, Sportcubs, Arctic Mausers, and the only other place where the sales pitch beat it was inside about any page of the Herters catalog. They all exercised the First Amendment till it was in tears...for me tears of laughter.

I sort of miss all of that, gun selling has gotten to be real sterile and when someone weaves in a bit of BS, it grabs my attention. I caught the following stuffed into a sale for a 1903 Springfield. Its innovative and original thinking BS, and I'll share it.

The caveat with this rifle is that although the rifling looks strong, it keyholes at 25 yards with the ammo I shot. However I've only shot Winchester Service Grade M2 Ball through it and the crown passes the bullet test as seen in the photos. Possible fixes may include trying other loads of 30-06 to see if any of them are wide enough to grip the rifling or slugging the barrel if you cast your own lead.
    Last edited by BlitzKrieg; 02-25-2021 at 01:43.

2. Default

This completely eclipsed what my neighbor did. Pulled out a DOT 44 M98K , pointed at the 44 and said: Its shoots 44 , don't you reload 44 ?

Knowing he collects stamps , is brain dead on guns, my reply was "Oh heck yeah, I reload 44 all day long, that thing will kick like a mule. If you sell it, I reload 44 and could use it ".

Okay that was BS but its good for him and could be great for me.
    Last edited by BlitzKrieg; 02-25-2021 at 02:02.

3. Default

Good ones. Thanks much for your posts.

I have a byf 44 k98K. Probably shoots the same .44 ammo.

Or you could stuff a couple of 22's in there. Together they equal 44.

Report of bad guy doing that with a 44 revolver. Tried to shoot at police with it. Click click click.
    After arrest, they had to pound the live rounds out of the chambers
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**