Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Got some reloading gear I will sell in the spring after watching selling prices on Fleabay and GB.
    barretcreek, You are not going to get any help from Lyman on the price search; I went to South Texas to visit relatives, as always I took my fishing and hunting equipment. About the time I have my stuff unloaded they inform me I should have been there last month. the trip was neve a waste. when friends and relatives went hunting they pulled small bushes that were loaded with hot peppers about the size of a B-B. When they got to the barn they would pull the peppers and save them for me.

I do not get back anymore but do not miss the peppers, my wife raises them here.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 02-24-2021 at 06:14.

Depending on what and where you buy bullets and all reloading components as well as loaded ammo have gone to limits never before seen. I really doubt that they have hit the highs yet, maybe in the next 6 months or so they will peak out. Yesterday I looked on line at a box of 20 30-30, a common brand and it was priced at 112.00 + shipping and all taxes making the reloading components seem reasonable by comparison. Also looked at swift bullets and they were 75 dollars per box of 100 and the A Frame bullets were almost that price per 50, nothing is reasonable right now. Then again you have to find stuff to pay the inflated prices and that's not easy. Reloading tools are no easier or any more available.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    barretcreek, You are not going to get any help from Lyman on the price search; I went to South Texas to visit relatives, as always I took my fishing and hunting equipment. About the time I have my stuff unloaded they inform me I should have been there last month. the trip was neve a waste. when friends and relatives went hunting they pulled small bushes that were loaded with hot peppers about the size of a B-B. When they got to the barn they would pull the peppers and save them for me.

I do not get back anymore but do not miss the peppers, my wife raises them here.

F. Guffey

mighty nice of you to assume I would not help a member with pricing,

it would be wise to not do that again,

meanwhile if Barretcreek needed help, and I am sure he is capable enough to ask, I would gladly help him out,

Why in the world would someone answer a question ask of another? Last I checked we all were capable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Why in the world would someone answer a question ask of another? Last I checked we all were capable.
    maybe it was the peppers?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    maybe it was the peppers?
    By golly that may have been it. Never thought about that possibility.

7. Default

barretcreek, You are not going to get any help from Lyman on the price search;
    It did not take much to set you off. You claimed you sold equipment on eBay, most of the reloaders on reloading forums that demand a lot of attention would not hesitate to post the results.

If you do not live and or hunt in South Texas you have no ideal what I am talking about. We have been bringing the plants back with us to plant. There is a chance it means nothing to you but neighbors are reporting wild pepper plants growing in their yards. Something else that probably does not interest you is how the plants got there. Blue Jays and Mockingbirds eat the peppers and then spread the seeds.

Believe it or not; the birds use the peppers to to preen with.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 03-01-2021 at 07:18.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    It did not take much to set you off. You claimed you sold equipment on eBay, most of the reloaders on reloading forums that demand a lot of attention would not hesitate to post the results.

If you do not live and or hunt in South Texas you have no ideal what I am talking about. We have been bringing the plants back with us to plant. There is a chance it means nothing to you but neighbors are reporting wild pepper plants growing in their yards. Something else that probably does not interest you is how the plants got there. Blue Jays and Mockingbirds eat the peppers and then spread the seeds.

Believe it or not; the birds use the peppers to to preen with.

F. Guffey

quite honestly Guffy,

not to many have a decoder ring to translate what you are saying,

I can speak, read, and understand English, Bad English, Hillbilly and a good amount of Jive, ,

but your comments and patterns of communication are boggling to be polite,

so in plain english,

what results would you have me post and on how many forums?

I put the stuff I pick up in 3 places,

> my personal stash if it is something I need or use,
    > ebay, for equipment and tools (best overall audience, and fast sales at a good price)
    > Gunbroker, for the stuff that is not ebay legal (bullets , brass, etc)

powder/primers are sold locally, I have enough contacts that it does not last long

so,

why would I (or any business) waste time posting what I aquired on this or multiple forums ?

I have limited time to check emails when I am not at the work (busy selling) and while I can and do check a few forums when I have time at work (like now)
    I find it easier to sell online as mentioned above than to toggle between forums and see who wants what etc etc
    and I have a CC processor set up with both GB and Ebay, so that is even easier,

now, for your other question/comment,,,

anyone in todays gun buying world that is remotely interesting in buying and selling, should (and probably does) have an ebay account and gunbroker account,

for ebay,
    advanced search,
    type in search parameters,
    click the sold button,
    then search,

shows you all the SOLD items and what the SOLD for, as in a very good reference,

GB,

login in (cannot search complete w/o a login)
    advanced search
    complete tab
    enter search parameters,
    enter,

use the selections on the side to drill down deeper if needed,
    just make sure the item shows a bid (not 0) for an actual sold price

easy peasy,

and good for the birds,,