Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bringing out some archived reloading tools.

With the apparent and oncoming shortages of handgun ammo I thought it only prudent to bring out some gear that I haven't used since the last century in preparation.

First photo is my Lyman hand loader for 38/357. Second photo from left to right Wells 9mm set of dies, Lee 9mm and Lee 38/357 both of which work in conventional modern presses.
    Been so long I had forgotten about scooping powder according to " loading tables". Whatta Hobby!

Pistol dies 1.jpgPistol dies 2.jpg

Blog Entries

somewhere in the garage I have the full set of Lee scoops, with the chart to show you which to use,

have not used a scoop since I retired the old Whack A Mole lee loader I started with back in the early 80's

I would venture to guess these tools haven't been used since the 70s. Used to, at that time, shoot a ton of wheel guns. I am afraid the days of enjoying punching paper with a pistol have long passed. Being ready for the zombies has made me thing of these again.

My first rifle loading real press. Bought this old rock chucker and the 7x62 Russian dies in about 1969. Press has loaded well over 100k cartridges of different calibers in that period of time. Just moved her into semi-retirement after 50+ years and put in a Forster Co-ax.

Dies 4.jpgDies 3.jpgdies 2.jpg

I wish I had kept my 1967 RCBS Rockchucker press. Back then all my reloading equipment was RCBS. Now it's all Lee stuff.

Fellows recently convinced me to try a Forster Co-ax. Wish I had listened to them years ago. Much easier to operate, no shell holders and aftermarket addition of a right angle handle,led lighting and curved linkage make it a joy for this old codger.

Blog Entries

I think I mentioned in another thread,
    the Co-Ax was a press I picked up at the same time I picked up a Dillon 550,

before that I used the Whack A Mole type lee,

the Co-Ax gets way more time than either other press, and I'm up to 5 now

That old Rock Chucker simply needs some TLC. It'll still do the job. Also made before RCBS castings were relegated to China.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Bench1.jpgBench2.jpg
    Also have a couple of 310 Tools and three different sets of Lee Scoops.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Original Lee scoops were of dark red plastic, then the "CC" scoops are bright yellow plastic.

Still using a Lee loader for some.308Wfrom the early seventies.

My bench presses are RCBS from the 70's andmid 80's/