Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Seattle is Dying

This is a gripping one hour documentary aired in 2019 on KMO News, the Seattle ABC affiliate. It chronicles in graphic and horrifyingly shocking detail the decline of Seattle due to incompetent government and its hard core liberal doctrinaire social policies that smack of the worst sort of religious fanaticism. To me the most shocking thing was the contempt the Mayor and City Council show for the concerns of their constituents in town hall meetings.

Worst of all this happened before the George Floyd incident and the Occupation and Defund the Police ANTIFA and BLM crowds.

It can be easily pulled up on You Tube.

Very highly recommended.

Blog Entries

We were there a few years ago. Nice trip, but like almost all big cities, not somewhere I could imagine living. The tourist areas were nice, and we enjoyed the San Juan Islands.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

I was in Seattle very briefly a couple of times when I was in the Army but that was a half century ago.

I understand the decline began about 2016 and picked up in earnest about 2018.
    Last edited by Art; 02-16-2021 at 11:03.

When the Grunge wave started. When heroin addicts who couldn't play a note achieved star status. Everyone started wearing plaid flannel. Long before 2016.

The book sounds depressing. I know Seattle is screwed up.
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-01-2021 at 09:27.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    When the Grunge wave started. When heroin addicts who couldn't play a note achieved star status. Everyone started wearing plaid flannel. Long before 2016.....

I gotta laugh, this is just too good! I'm a real musician, yeah "addicts who couldn't play a note" is a real thing! OTOH a lot of addicts CAN play a note! But those are not twenty-something garage band musicians.

Just saying!

jn

Blog Entries

every time I read someone talking about Grunge and Seattle, I think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFOjktDN0IA

7. Default

I have been to Seattle many times, I have not notices anything dying but I have noticed they do not tan, they rust.

F. Guffey

Woa now... I like plaid flannel, have worn it of decades (won't say how many! ).
    I once had a banjo, have threatened family with another one....... Would I have to leave Arkansas, for Seattle?

Tommy

9. Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv1gorVSXaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9h1pjTP74

There are times you have to play 'further back'.

F. Guffey

10. Default

And then I took the wife to Vancouver B.C. First I had to check my gun in at the Canadian border. The water was running out to sea, that means nothing to most but I enjoy watching the seamen practicing seamanship. I told my wife to watch the Yacht from Texas. He was shipping in from the west, the water was running running west. He had a good head of speed but it was deceptive. He was trying to turn in to a small harbor with no running water.

And that was about that time the Captain of the large Yacht from Texas made his turn under full throttle into the dead water. He put his magnificent Yacht on top of three other yachts. I explained to my wife all of that entertainment did not cost us anything.

And then she reminded me about the time we spent in Homa, Louisiana, she said we watched the shrimp boats make turns like that without hitting anything. I reminded her how much I enjoy watching seamen practicing seamanship.

One thing the Canadians made very clear to me; they do not mail guns, if for some reason you do not pick it up you loose it.

F. Guffey