Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1880 trb

A beauty indeed! Thanks for sharing!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

I recently had the pleasure of seeing an OUTSTANDING private martial arms collection belonging to a (new) friend, who had been totally off the radar, since he (80) does not use a computer. He has very nearly EVERY US military rifle from 1800 to 1900, and most if not all are in excellent to pristine condition, even the many flints! He had contacted me via a referral asking whether I had a Long Range for sale, one of the three pieces he was seeking. With great regret, but out of necessity (on my part) we solved each other's problem, and my Sharps sighted LRR 162036 now has a new home, but it is in WONDERFUL company.

Must be an awesome and huge collection Dick.

Thanks Tkacook. I now have an iron guard knife to go with it. Serial number 61 complete with Varny scabbard purchased from Al. The scabbard is in beautiful condition and the knife has a couple chips but overall in good condition.
    I seen one sell on e bay in absolute horrible condition for 100.00 less than paid for mine. Al offers the best prices around for his items!

Yes he does. Love my rod bayonet 1888 rifle I purchased from him.

Andy
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsr View Post
    Must be an awesome and huge collection Dick.
    It is almost indescribable. I DEFINITELY plan another, much longer, visit, or visits - the first trip was a pig-in-a-poke, had NO idea what I'd find when I delivered (had not wanted to ship it) the rifle.

Plus, I just happen to have one more of his (was 3, now 2) "missing/never had found" pieces!

I’ll bet that one of his remaining two empty niches in his collection is an 1868/1868.

Dick, if that collector would be willing to dig really deep for your #62 1868, you oughta consider selling it to him too.