Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dismal USPS service

Anyone having problems with USPS? My mail has been 'lost' several times in the past couple months which causes me to receive 'past due' notices weeks after I mailed my payments. I mailed a large package via Priority Mail cross country to Arizona on January 14 and it still hasn't been delivered. My mail carrier buzzes the neighborhood several times per day. Why? Forgetting to drop off mail? Having to retrace route for correct address?

None of ours has been lost but it has been slow. We got a notice from a charge card company we use that we might want to pay on line to avoid the possibility of late bills. I understand the plague has a lot to do with this; disrupting the work force and therefore "regular order' in deliveries. The mail carrier making multiple passes very well may be a replacement for your regular person. Our mail is delivered much later in the day when we have a "replacement player" on the route.

I live in NY State and my friend works for the USPS they are working short handed here and with people out with Covid-19 i have a few letters lost but turned up could be the problem everywhere best of luck with your lost mail Be Safe

Blog Entries

the USPS got its butt kicked right after Thanksgiving

between the increase in volume due to the cooties, Christmas etc and folks calling out, or being send home for the Cooties,
    and the normal protocols, they are hard hit,

some areas worse than others,

been having issues with them for some time. A couple weeks ago I checked online about a package I was expecting that day. Their page said it was delivered and even gave the time of day. They actually delivered it 2 days later

I have a Triumph motorcycle and so I receive packages for parts, accessories and other ditties from England not uncommonly.
    Recently, I ordered some parts from an individual. They were picked up at his home in a small village in England, and were delivered to my doorstep in ARKANSAS 4 days later. DHL was the carrier the entire time.
    The same week I ordered some parts from a company in England. Their parts were picked up, delivered promptly to ...... the tender care of USPS in Chicago, whereupon it took 3 weeks to make its way to me in Arkansas.

This example is admittedly anecdotal, but not untypical.
    Tommy

7. Default

Art: Why in the world would you not link your credit card to a checking account and pay online? I have been doing such for over 15 yr with no problem. In fact, we pay for everything with a credit card and pay the credit card a couple of times a month. I know, your wife pays the bills and this is how she has always done it. Mine still keeps some sort of check registry even though the on line statement from the bank is the real thing.

I sent a parcel to the UK and it was enroute from London/ Heathrow to his house in the Midlands in 24 hours. Slowed down near B'ham but he got it late the next day.
    Parcel from the UK to Chicago took several weeks.

Online orders with tracking numbers show when it was picked up from the vendor only to be frozen in a depot somewhere along the line. Virginia, Arkansas, Georgia....it doesn't matter where.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by M1Tommy View Post
    I have a Triumph motorcycle and so I receive packages for parts, accessories and other ditties from England not uncommonly.
    Recently, I ordered some parts from an individual. They were picked up at his home in a small village in England, and were delivered to my doorstep in ARKANSAS 4 days later. DHL was the carrier the entire time.
    The same week I ordered some parts from a company in England. Their parts were picked up, delivered promptly to ...... the tender care of USPS in Chicago, whereupon it took 3 weeks to make its way to me in Arkansas.

This example is admittedly anecdotal, but not untypical.
    Tommy
    Be glad you didn't have to contend with the UK post, which I understand is no prize either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    Art: Why in the world would you not link your credit card to a checking account and pay online? I have been doing such for over 15 yr with no problem. In fact, we pay for everything with a credit card and pay the credit card a couple of times a month. I know, your wife pays the bills and this is how she has always done it. Mine still keeps some sort of check registry even though the on line statement from the bank is the real thing.
    Because we don't want our bank accounts linked to our computer in any way. Its just us. My wife also has stated flatly that we will never have a social media account of any kind and I've come to see the wisdom of that too.

Call us paranoid.
    Last edited by Art; 02-08-2021 at 06:51. Reason: spelling

10. Default

The PO delivers for Amazon and that's why they zoom around during the day. Here they might come down my lane 2/3 times before the regular delivery around 1:30 pm..That delivery might have a delivery too. My pet peeves are not knocking , just leaving parcels on my porch and the false delivery times.