Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I miss the days when this was really a gun forum centered on vintage firearms.

In addition to the folks mentioned above I sure miss Chuckindenver, and the young Air Force fellow, guamsst, who had such a great knowledge of Japanese rifles. As the old guys have died off or left in disgust there has not been exactly a flood of replacements.
    Last edited by Art; 02-03-2021 at 04:49.

Blog Entries

Gus Fisher, Hard Dog, John Beard, Bodyman, Mike Ginger,Master PO (LOL) and of course Dick Culver

Blog Entries

Mr. Beard posts here every now and then, and I see him over on Gunboards now and again,

I think Gus hangs out on the Black Powder forum (Muzzleloader something another) as Artificer
    I used to see him at local shows, but he has not attended any since the cooties came out,

Blog Entries

Gus was just up on the Muzzleloader Forum a few minutes ago....hard to talk 03A3, M1 or M14 there.

I miss Gloria chastising forum members who tend to come on too strong!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Gus was just up on the Muzzleloader Forum a few minutes ago....hard to talk 03A3, M1 or M14 there.
    glad to hear he is still kicking!!

I don't get over there very often,

send him a note,, ask him to stop by

Although I also miss some of the guys, we still seem to attract new members every once in a while, so, those of us who are left must still be interesting to the outside world to some extent. I always liked to explore and learn all I can about my old military guns and that’s what brought me here 5 years ago. I retired at 55 and now I’m staring down 78 this year. I enjoy keeping fit and busy with my big boy toys and checking in here a couple times a day. Thanks for making my life a little more interesting.

[QUOTE=sid;610024]Clintonhater is not coming back. He wrote and told me he quit when Togor, one of the xxxxxxxx was made a Moderator. I miss him because he had guts and wasn't afraid to say what he thought.

Yes Togor is a far out lefty and did worm his way to be a Moderator... but I enjoy going toe to toe with his liberal stances and posts.. Makes the forum a little more interesting.. I miss CH also..he was a bit rough around the edges with some of his remarks but made the forum interesting.. I think we have to help keep the forum going and not quit because you don't like someone or something said.. I see that the person who don't like the stuff I post hasn't quit because he don't like it.. That's the way to do it...Lol
    Last edited by rayg; 02-04-2021 at 06:16.

I still point folks here occasionally from other forums and from Facebook-land, as there is still considerable expertise here-bouts.

Another one who once frequented CSP was Ed Clayton. I am in occasional contact with him. He is still afflicted with his beloved USMC, and likely nearing retirement from his beloved Corps.

Tommy

John Sukey. The first guy I ever did an internet trade with. Always respected his expertise. Probably forgot more than we'll ever know.always a gentleman and teacher.

Ed "Goo" Flanagan. Always out there on the edge of absurdity in regard to humor. Had a much serious side as well.
    2 F4's shot out from under him in VN
    Part of the crew that sabotaged the avionics in the Iranian F14's when the Shah was overthrown.
    Flight sim instructor for Northrup
    Disappearing act whenever he took off on his bike, boat, or off to Ireland.
    But when he got his nickname Goo, hell I was there

Yup, those two were on opposite ends of the spectrum and I miss them both.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**