Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Default

Don't forget Rick the Librarian and his Afghans. Harsh contrast to his rifle pictures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    Don't forget Rick the Librarian and his Afghans. Harsh contrast to his rifle pictures.
    he still posts on rare occasion,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    he still posts on rare occasion,
    Yes, I still watch for his "book sale" listings. I've bought quite a few books from him over the years (decades?!?), often interesting titles I've not found elsewhere.
    Tommy

I miss goo's sense of humor and John R's stories
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

On thinking about it, I don't recall seeing anything from Ken the Kanuck for a while

I might as well add my 2 cents in here. I have not been around here as long as most of you. On the other hand, I read considerable more than I post. However, many of the names you fellows mentioned I have maintained contact with via personal E Mail. When I would find the opportunity open to ask why they no longer post here it seems I would always get the same answer. They did not mind the argumentative atmosphere about a firearms history or others like subject manner. The reason they left was the "personal attacks" and the name calling. That is the reason they are no longer here. How far do I go back on this site, I remember a fellow called Ronyo.

Looked up the name and Ronyo is correct. JohnMOhio 02-11-2021
    Last edited by JohnMOhio; 02-11-2021 at 08:51. Reason: Added info
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    I might as well add my 2 cents in here. I have not been around here as How far do I go back on this site, I remember a fellow called Ronyo.
    I was thinking he called himself Ronjo. I believe he was from the eastern side of Washington State.

F. Guffey

I might as well add my 2 cents in here. I have not been around here as long as most of you. On the other hand, I read considerable more than I post. However, many of the names you fellows mentioned I have maintained contact with via personal E Mail. When I would find the opportunity open to ask why they no longer post here it seems I would always get the same answer. They did not mind the argumentative atmosphere about a firearms history or others like subject manner. The reason they left was the "personal attacks" and the name calling. That is the reason they are no longer here. How far do I go back on this site, I remember a fellow called Ronyo.
    I don't see many arguments on the firearms section but only on the political one...and I never saw a serious one there. As on that forum it's expected expected people will have differing opinions...

Blog Entries

John,
    please reach out to them and let them know they are free to contact me directly (via PM or email in profile) if they want to discuss any past transgressions,

I would be happy to look into any issues and work towards correcting them

John Kepler
    Ken the Kanuck
    Rick the Librarian
    Rick Borecky
    Kontiki
    Growler

about the only guys i can remember from way back in '00. my dad is fond of saying "back in '02, but i got here before that when i got my first CMP rifle, an all correct '54 HRA in the old "pre-sticky note request" days of yore. $495 i want to say was the cost...