Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Default

Probably busy writing books. His books are excellent.

Hey Sid, I had not thought of those two, The Beagle Master and Bubblehead. Another if just thought of is Jerry Foard and Jim Supica. Last I heard from Jim was about 4 or 5 months after he became employed at the museum in DC. He occasionally makes an appearance on the NRA TV show. I also don't recall Karen Bush having posted anything recently. What about Impala Guy and Ira Jones?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

I joined the CSP back in 1999 or 2000....was a daily lurker...occasional poster...as life got crazy and then the Death of Major Culver, I stopped coming....I remember all of the guys mentioned here...how about the 1911 collector John Holbrooke from Seattle, and Rick Borecky...remember when some of the guys passed..Dean's Wife from DGR and always tried to stay on Gloria's good side. Hope you all come back some day.
    Dave Petrella

Lots of people gone or no longer posting.

I was one of the refugees from the Knife and Gun forum (RIP Mark Bitting).

Remember how goo got his name, Had lunch with Bob the Beagle Master when I and my daughter visited him in Indiana, John Sukey for dure. Met John Robertson years ago at a gun show in Coquitlam BC and bought my DCRA No4 from him. Ken the Kanuck, Terry and so many more.

I still visit about once a week or so.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
    Lots of people gone or no longer posting.

I was one of the refugees from the Knife and Gun forum (RIP Mark Bitting).

Remember how goo got his name, Had lunch with Bob the Beagle Master when I and my daughter visited him in Indiana, John Sukey for dure. Met John Robertson years ago at a gun show in Coquitlam BC and bought my DCRA No4 from him. Ken the Kanuck, Terry and so many more.

I still visit about once a week or so.
    stop by more often Hal,

I mess Goo and wonder what happened to Ken the Kanuck who hasn't been heard from for several months.

By the way, from my perspective, being close to 70 is pretty young.

I'm 61, the way things are going I'll be lucky to hit 70.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Might as well add another 2 cents here. I decided to compile a list of names that were not mentioned thus far. If they were, just make allowances, I will be 80 this year, I have a good memory but it is short.
    Here are the names I came up with. Some I know are deceased.
    AF Medic, Bill Ricca, Bill Wylde, Bob Wolfe, Brian Davis, Buckeye Shooter, lt Dave, Dave 2, Dean Wood, Ed Flanagan, Fred Ross, Ira Jones, Iditarod Joe, Jeff Knight, Jerry Foard, Jim Blair, Jim Keenan, Joel Osborne, Johnny Bell, Ken Davis, Ken Thies, Ken W., Ken c. , Liam Flanagan, Lowell Elliot, L.W. Tyler, Loneagle, Mike Doener, Mikey Krupica, Mudcat, Norm Ricci, Old Davie, Phil McGreger, Scott Wilson, Sephton Allen, t jake, Tom Sudz.

If for any reason I have missed any of your posts by those named above, please accept my apology. Have I ever told you folks I have a good memory but it is short?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Great list and I remember a lot of them! I'm 82 and been on here for many many years! ...And hope it will be a long time before my name hits the list,

The point of all of this I presume is how do we get more participation. Just looked at our main board. We have 7,153 members and 425 are active.
    Tonight we have 360 on line of that amount 7 are members and the rests are guests amounting to 353. For you members that visit here how many of you are shooting club members? What is your experience with active members verses total membership. I would guess it would run in the 5% to maybe 10%. I believe that is pretty much the same everywhere. Another thought, of the 353 "guests" on line tonight, I wonder how many of them are members that just don't bother to sign in as they would prefer to read what is going on and not comment for what ever they consider a valid reason.

This is just a few of my thoughts tonight. What do you think?
    Author unkown.