Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I also miss John Kepler, Rick the Librarian, and ClintonHater.

I joined the old forum around 2003 and learned a lot. There was an expert on U.S. military shotguns at the time...from Phoenix I think...does anyone remember this guy?

The only name I remember as being a poster from that area was Ron Weddle. He often posted what was happening along the boarder nearly on a daily basis.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

4. Default

Howdy, Guffey, you old dog. I stil have those graduated 06 cases. They work great. I have been busy with my other hobby - restoring old cars.

Car 24.jpg20160208_135718.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle View Post
    Howdy, Guffey, you old dog. I stil have those graduated 06 cases. They work great. I have been busy with my other hobby - restoring old cars.

I know several guys that have sold most of there firearms collection and rolled the cash over into auto's,

or motorcycles

Well, glad to see you're still kikin' and productive .

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I know several guys that have sold most of there firearms collection and rolled the cash over into auto's,

or motorcycles
    I was making money hand over fist for a while, but some YouTube blogs have driven the price of old cars through the roof. I looked at a '47 Ford pickup so rusty there was no spot on the vehicle you could stand without falling through. The asking price was $5500. I tried to explain to the guy that no matter what car you started with, the cost was about the same to restore it. Generally about 1000 hours and $20M to $35M to restore any vehicle. I just spent over 100 hours removing the paint from a vehicle. One can expect to lose about 20% of their money if they sell after restoration. No one is going to give you $30M for a Volkswagen. You see ads for extravagant money for cars, but what few see to grasp is that they actually sell for far less than the asking price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Well, glad to see you're still kikin' and productive .
    I miss your emails, Art.

I was making money hand over fist for a while, but some YouTube blogs have driven the price of old cars through the roof. I looked at a '47 Ford pickup so rusty there was no spot on the vehicle you could stand without falling through. The asking price was $5500. I tried to explain to the guy that no matter what car you started with, the cost was about the same to restore it. Generally about 1000 hours and $20M to $35M to restore any vehicle. I just spent over 100 hours removing the paint from a vehicle. One can expect to lose about 20% of their money if they sell after restoration. No one is going to give you $30M for a Volkswagen. You see ads for extravagant money for cars, but what few see to grasp is that they actually sell for far less than the asking price.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss your emails, Art.
    PM sent

Bruce Canfield was another interesting fellow on the old forum. Whatever happened to him? His books are pretty good in my opinion...

I am 90 so I guess I am the oldest one here. I still remember Bob The Beagle Master and also Bubblehead on the old forum. Bob was the manager of a hardware store. Bubblehead, if I remember correctly, had been in the Navy and had served on many submarines. I also remember the posts made by Major Culver and how he often referred to his wife as "the Swede."