Thread: Rusty Hands

Default Rusty Hands

Years ago at a job we all had our own toolboxes in the lab, engineers and techs alike. One tech, a nice guy and very capable, had the peculiar misfortune that his steel tools all seemed to be rusty.

Consequently nobody wanted to loan him their tools, only to see them rust up. In some cases, rusting in a fingerprint pattern even. He said it was always like that for him, just something he had to live with.

Imagine having that curse as a gun owner, collector.

2. Default

Mosquitoes were allergic to my advisor. We spent a lot of time out in the field and while they were feasting on the rest of us he was left alone.

Re: his steel tools all seemed to be rusty. This is more common than might be expected. Used to think it was just poor work practices. Not the case. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

that's why I keep a pint of Ballistol behind the table, and a handful of rags, at gunshows,

Mr Sweaty Paws likes to leave a mark

5. Default

Yep, I had a family member that couldn't wear a wrist watch. They'd always fail to run through no negligence on his part.

6. Default

Be interesting to see if this is connected to a pathology or immunity.

More likely caused by the corrosive salty sweat on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    More likely caused by the corrosive salty sweat on his hands.
    I had an Uncle who had that. He had a habit of using the refrigerator to lean on when talking. His hand actually dissolved the finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Beeza View Post
    Yep, I had a family member that couldn't wear a wrist watch. They'd always fail to run through no negligence on his part.
    Before I retired I couldn't wear a wind up watch. Welding all day, everyday, they became magnetized in a couple of weeks. A pocket watch was the answer.