Thread: UPS package from Powder Valley

Default UPS package from Powder Valley

UPS just dropped off a fun package from Powder Valley. Should be a hoot firing these down range. Whatta Hobby!

115 gn Bergers.jpg

Blog Entries

that should last you the weekend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    that should last you the weekend
    ...and you can almost buy 3 boxes of Speer 125 TNTs for one box of Bergers.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Well, I went to add the new Berger fb 115s to the shelf, moved some 6.5 140s aside and low and behold there sits almost 2K of Sierra 110 fb varminters which I thought for sure I had used up. The 110s used to be my favorite for out to 300 yds so I had a decent stash of them. Guess I am just going to have to do more shooting. Oh darn. Whatta Hobby!

110s.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    ...and you can almost buy 3 boxes of Speer 125 TNTs for one box of Bergers.
    I have tried the Speer 125 TNT because folks raved about them. I found them lacking to say the least. In a precision rifle they are far surpassed by either the Bergers or Sierras. In my mind, the Bergers are worth every penny. I do shoot between 5 and 10k of 30 caliber annually so I have given most of them a pretty good test over the years.

TNT 1.jpgTNT 2.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-12-2021 at 01:42.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Well, I went to add the new Berger fb 115s to the shelf, moved some 6.5 140s aside and low and behold there sits almost 2K of Sierra 110 fb varminters which I thought for sure I had used up. The 110s used to be my favorite for out to 300 yds so I had a decent stash of them. Guess I am just going to have to do more shooting. Oh darn. Whatta Hobby!

110s.jpg
    I hate it when that happens

Blog Entries

Speers are probably not for the bench rest battle rifle crowd. They are sensitive to flash hole concentricity.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 01-12-2021 at 01:55.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Speers are probably not for the bench rest battle rifle crowd. They are sensitive to flash hole concentricity.
    That is an interesting statement Sir. I have tried them in Lapua lr and sr brass, Starline lr and sr, many types of commercial and surplus brass and Berdan with the two flash holes. They are just not up to the task as are better quality bullets. Perfectly fine for the generic point and shoot crowd. Granted, we only loaded and tested about 500 with different variables, but the TNTs place at the bottom every time.

Blog Entries

Don't take it too seriously. Plenty of M1s, and other 30 cal rifles shoot them just fine in competition. I know they can clean the 300 rapid prone targets with an M14. $85 per 500 is probably the real reason they are popular.

Results vary by rifle of course, and no one complained about Lapua brass and bullets with Creedmoor match ammunition either.

Safe shooting.

I agree completely. The TNTs are fine for generic loading and shooting. Relatively inexpensive and usually easy to come by.