Default my favorite Mauser G 33/40

My favorite Mauser is the 33/40 carbine that was purchased at a show many years ago. There was an old
    gunsmith buying Mauser rifles to convert into sporters and he had this nice matching 33/40. I was able to
    buy it from him and save it from being sporterized.

My 33/40 is a dot 41 and has matching bolt and wood, barrel is dated 12/41 and the bore is nice. I have
    only fired Rem 170 gr 8mm cartridges as German ball is quite stiff in this carbine. DSCN3299.jpgDSCN3296.jpgDSCN3297.jpgDSCN3313.jpg

Beautiful 33/40. So very good that you were able to save it from being chopped up into just another sporterized surplus military rifle.. The Rem. 170 gr. load works extremely well on deer, etc., out to about 200 yds. Have used common varieties of German/European ball and hunting ammo. Stiff? Yep! Hits hard on both ends. Fully the equal of .30-06 for any similar application. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Stock looks sanded and oiled yes? I think that was just something folks did back in the day.

There are some German stamps towards the back of the grip and on the butt stock, stock had heavy coats
    of linseed oil.

What is the correct bayonet for the 33/40 carbine ?

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    There are some German stamps towards the back of the grip and on the butt stock, stock had heavy coats
    of linseed oil.

What is the correct bayonet for the 33/40 carbine ?
    Basically any bayonet that fits would be correct, depending on who was using the rifle at the time.

In WWII German service it would have used the same bayonet as was used on the KAR 98K. Czech bayonets were very similar to German bayonets except they had a barrel ring. The Germans cut off the barrel rings when they used available Czech bayonets.
    Last edited by Art; 01-09-2021 at 06:39.