1. Default Shooting 2 Trapdoor Carbines, 1 Undocumented Indian Tack

Two 1873 Trapdoor Carbines I recently got and took to the range. One original and one (undocumented) Indian Tack. Both haven't been fired in decades from what I was told. The Indian Carbine was badly dirty and clogged inside the barrel when I first got it. After a full good cleaning carefully removed the stock plugged the barrel, using Hopps, soaking for it for 24 hours and then two gallons of Dawn liquid boil water down the barrel used a nylon brush carefully opened it up from years of BP residue. Saw the barrel rifling was still good, very slight pitting but still good. After a full examination of both Carbines I was off to the range. The first one shot with 415 grn black powder, the Indian Carbine was shot with a lesser 405 grain non BP Federal safe for TD Rifles.

Sorry have to get the correct format to load the video so here are some stillsScreen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.34.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.30.37 PM.jpgIndian Tack holding.jpgIndian Tack.jpg

http://<a href="https://www.facebook...187282695/</a>
    Last edited by RicM; 01-05-2021 at 09:38. Reason: video

2. Default

What's the story on the Indian Tack acquisition?

Yes, what IS the story on your carbine with the tacts on it?
    What did the seller tell you?
    Last edited by Fred; 10-06-2021 at 05:55.

You really get your money's worth of special effects with real black powder.

jn

RicM, what information do you have that indicates your tacked carbine is an Indian carbine?
    Last edited by Fred; 10-08-2021 at 06:03.