Default Working on new load for .308 10 dot.

150 gn Berger FB target bullets over 41.5 gn of IMR 8208 in LC 15 LR case set off with 210M. Est. at 2650 fps. Shot with my primary 10 dot rifle. Bula Defense Systems XM21 version 1 with removable rail, Ultra Heavy barrel in JAE chassis. NF ATACR 5-25X56 FFP optic. We all know M14 type rifles can's shoot. Whatta Hobby!

Today XM21 ver1 ser 3.jpg150 Berger.jpg

38 degrees and about a 15 mph breeze from 8 oclock. Ran a hundred rnds through my #2 dot gun to remind it how to toss lead. Load was MEN once fired cases filled with 50 gn of BL-C (2) under 115 gn Berger FB bullets and lit off with Tula berdan primers. These were my best 2 out of 10 groups fired.

115 Berger 1.jpg115 Berger 2.jpg

Same group with quarter for reference.

115 berger 3.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-18-2021 at 02:33.

3. Default

When it gets to something exciting I would not walk across the street to watch an ant eat a bail of hay. I thought I had built my last engine (auto and large truck) but there in my garage sits a 503 Sierra engine with another just south of Memphis, Tn.

I was thinking I had built my last rifle but there sits 6 heavy barrels that outweigh any rifle. I have always wanted to try my hand at building a bench rest type rifle. And then there is this problem with cost. Without a stock I have the barrels and actions down to $220 each per rifle. If I get them together I will make my way to the range with 10 different loads of 10 rounds each, at 100 yards I will expect to cover all 10 holes with a small quarter. The rifles will go to my son and two grandsons. Unlike me they get excited when they zero a rifle with one hole groups.

F. Guffey

Forgive, we do get excited when one of our grandsons goes in to close a game with no outs and bases loaded we get nervous when the count is 3 balls/no strikes with no outs and again with bases loaded.
    Last edited by fguffey; 02-23-2021 at 11:10.